Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

Movie- Yay or Nay?

Go down 
+25
imortalsky
kiss-of-death
KateHale
Nix
TianaCullen618
He'sMyLife
BiteMeAlice13
MarthaWashington
Edward_Wannabe
DyingToBeACullen
PaperCut
morning_flower
QueenIslanzadi
bella swan
teenibopper1
Fangs-OX
Felicia
E.C. Dahlia
CamCullen
EmmettLover
lookinthestars
Midnight Blossom
Kismet
TwilightGirl16
Audrey
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you want there to be a Twilight movie?
Yes
Movie- Yay or Nay? Vote_lcap70%Movie- Yay or Nay? Vote_rcap
 70% [ 37 ]
No
Movie- Yay or Nay? Vote_lcap30%Movie- Yay or Nay? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 53

AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-02-11

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 pm

I really don't want there to be a movie. I know this has been discussed on the Lex, but I was wondering waht the majority thought.

I really think Hollywood wreaks the majority of popular books made into movies. I like dreaming up a cast, but I hope a movie never gets made.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
TwilightGirl16

TwilightGirl16

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Audrey wrote:
I really don't want there to be a movie. I know this has been discussed on the Lex, but I was wondering waht the majority thought.

I really think Hollywood wreaks the majority of popular books made into movies. I like dreaming up a cast, but I hope a movie never gets made.

What do you think?

Yeah I Know What You Mean. Yet I Still Want To See The Movie. So I Cant Say Oh They Miss This Part And That Isnt How She Said It And Things Like That Lmao.

Last edited by on Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sexykiki4ya
Kismet

Kismet

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 9:18 pm

TwilightGirl16 wrote:
Audrey wrote:

What do you think?

Yeah I Know What You Mean. Yet I Still Want To See The Movie. So I Cant Saw Oh They Miss This Part And That Isnt How She Said It And Things Like That Lmao.

lol I do that all the time with the Harry Potter movies!
Back to top Go down
Midnight Blossom

Midnight Blossom

Number of posts : 106
House : Reading, Drawing, Listening to Music, Watching Movies, Learning Languages, Making Graphics
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 pm

I actually do like most movies made off books, even if the movie ends up amazingly different from the book (i.e. Blood and Chocolate, The Count of Monte Cristo...). I like to see the characters come to life and see how directors or screenplay writers toy with the original storyline. It's interesting to see how everyone is displayed, and the actors that end up being chosen for the roles.

The one thing I've learned about books and movies: you have to appreciate each as separate pieces of art. If you don't, every movie that comes out and is based on a book will drive you insane, because it's near impossible to match up to the greatness of the original novel. At least in my eyes. So that's what I'm gonna try to do with the Twilight / New moon movie(s)...Let the chips fall where they may.

So yeah, my two cents on that bounce
Back to top Go down
lookinthestars

lookinthestars

Number of posts : 52

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 pm

Like Stephenie said, as long as the director gets ONE scene right, then it will be worth it.

Yay for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rupertandemma.org
EmmettLover

EmmettLover

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:30 am

lookinthestars wrote:
Like Stephenie said, as long as the director gets ONE scene right, then it will be worth it.

Yay for me.

yeah but it would be totally cool for that sean to be the medow or when bella is in the dance studio with James! ah yes that one would be so cool for them to get right, i could just see the stage directions in my head at i read the book at that point. it would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
CamCullen

CamCullen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:38 am

I want them to make it a movie, but then I don't.
Like I don't want them to screw it up.
I want to be able to announce the lines with the actors.
:]]

Last edited by on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mini_cooper12
E.C. Dahlia

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm

*removed*

Last edited by E.C. Dahlia on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Felicia

Felicia

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:37 am

Nay.

There was some movie based on a book that I thought was crap. I'm trying to remember. It was unknown that it was a book.
Back to top Go down
Fangs-OX

Fangs-OX

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm scared. What if they pull a Lemony Snicket on the movie??!! It's far too long for it to be all put in, but they did a good job with Harry Potter right??!!
Back to top Go down
http://xXBiteMe.piczo.com
Audrey

Audrey

Number of posts : 25

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 7:34 pm

Yeah, what happened to Lemony Snicket was bad. I mean, Jim Carey? I like him, but Jim Carey? As Count Olaf?

But if there is a movie, I think it'll only be of Twilight.
Back to top Go down
teenibopper1

teenibopper1

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:13 pm

Audrey wrote:
Yeah, what happened to Lemony Snicket was bad. I mean, Jim Carey? I like him, but Jim Carey? As Count Olaf?

But if there is a movie, I think it'll only be of Twilight.

Yeah, he was WAY too funny for that role... but I hear he was good at being scary in 23!

I am not going to see the movie. Ever. That is like the worst possible torture to mee, to see the movie and have the characters in my head just *poof* die. that was Bella. *poof* Oh no! Esme!

See?
Back to top Go down
bella swan

bella swan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 6:38 pm

i do and don't for one i like how the characters look in my head but at the same time i want to see the events for myself....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/courtneylovesyoutoo
QueenIslanzadi

QueenIslanzadi

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 6:44 pm

I am a book-into- movie cynic. i expect the worst, and that's what I get.
Back to top Go down
morning_flower

morning_flower

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 8:07 pm

i really don't want the movie to happen, it'll destroy the book and i know i won't be able to stop myself from watching it, i'm so weak and as much as i want to see it happen i have a feeling that it's not gonna follow the book and if they mess up the characters NOOOOO, i will never be able to read the book again without imagening the movie characters and i like how they look in my head
Back to top Go down
PaperCut

PaperCut

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 12:36 am

At first I said that I didn't want there to be a movie, because I didn't think that any actors could be good enough but after seeing them I'm exited about it!
Back to top Go down
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

Number of posts : 2197
House : Head of Emmett House!
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 6:26 pm

CamCullen wrote:

I agree. The characters, the ones I have in my head, are amazing! I would love for the movie version to portray them like that, but I know I would be disappointed if they weren't......
Back to top Go down
PaperCut

PaperCut

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:16 am

TheSinger wrote:
CamCullen wrote:

I agree. The characters, the ones I have in my head, are amazing! I would love for the movie version to portray them like that, but I know I would be disappointed if they weren't......

YEAH! And later when I reread it I don't want to have a face to the character. but after seeing what acters the writer is thinking of chosing I am ok with it now. Very Happy www.stephenimeyer.com is what I'm refrencing
Back to top Go down
Edward_Wannabe

Edward_Wannabe

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 10:16 pm

I want there to be a movie as long as i can be in it lol :-D
Back to top Go down
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 9:44 pm

I voted yes, because although I don't think they could cast correctly if they tried. I'm sorry, but in my mind, there's no one perfect enough to have the exact people I see in my head, but I still would like them to attempt to try. I don't want them to leave out things though, if they make a movie, I hope they keep close to the book, because in Black Dahlia, they left out some major parts and it made me rather sad. However, I think the story line of Twilight is so good, that not even hollywood could screw it up, thus I want to see the Cullens and Bella on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
BiteMeAlice13

BiteMeAlice13

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 11:47 am

I said yes to the poll but i don't hink that hollywood would do a good job of making the movie. Like with the movie eragon: they completly scwered that up.
Back to top Go down
He'sMyLife

He'sMyLife

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 am

i do want them to make a movie...but then again...i know what would happen. People who havent read the book yet will see the movie and proclaim themselves die-hard Twilight fans and still not bother to read the book. That would really get on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
TianaCullen618

TianaCullen618

Number of posts : 1
Location : Getting ready to go to Chicago tomorrow....to get my book signed by Stepehenie Meyer.
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 3:09 pm

morning_flower wrote:
i really don't want the movie to happen, it'll destroy the book and i know i won't be able to stop myself from watching it, i'm so weak and as much as i want to see it happen i have a feeling that it's not gonna follow the book and if they mess up the characters NOOOOO, i will never be able to read the book again without imagening the movie characters and i like how they look in my head

I knoooww!!! GAWD! I hate when they do that to books...TT_TT I feel the same way...im too weak NOT to watch it....TT_TT
Back to top Go down
Nix

Nix

Number of posts : 14
Location : Twirling my mustache while I try to steal some poor girl's virtue.
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:38 am

The problem with them making Twilight into a movie is that they would have to cut some scenes and alter others. And it is so annoying when they do that and leave out some detail that they thought wasn't important and ended up meaningful. Like if they skipped the dream Bella has the night that she finds out Edward is a vampire. In a movie they might decide to skip that, but then when (and if) they made the sequel, they would have to twist the plot even more. And there would be many unhappy fans. Case and point, Eragon, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. I was really mad at some of the alterations they made to the story line.

well, that's my rant.
Back to top Go down
KateHale

KateHale

Number of posts : 54
Location : is thinking about how gorgeous her man(Edward Cullen) is
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 1:26 am

I DON'T want there to be a movie at ALL!
Because Edward is supposed to be like inhumanly gorgeous...so obviously they won't make him as gorgeous as he actually should be and then when I'm reading the books again I'll think of a not so hot Edward and that will just suck big time!!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie- Yay or Nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie- Yay or Nay?   Movie- Yay or Nay? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie- Yay or Nay?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next