Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

Eclipse thoughts

Go down 
+13
Pritkin
MsquaredRW
Elena Cullen
Imprinted Image
Lairai
?!?!?!?!
Dani_Cullen
stupidxlamb
Catatonic.
bella&edward101
KateHale
electric city !
MarthaWashington
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:13 am

Since Eclipse just came out today, or yesterday depending on the time zone. I thought there should be a spot on the board to discuss it!

SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT READ IT, DO NOT CONTINUE, SPOILERS WILL BE HERE!

Did you love it? hate it? Did you laugh? Did you cry? What do you think will happen next?
Back to top Go down
electric city !

electric city !

Number of posts : 6279
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:40 pm

OMC!! It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! Spoiler!
--I was kinda shocked that bella and edward are getting married. i dont know why though. everything kind of lead up to it. and then the thing with jacob and bella?! she loves him!?! poor poor jake.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.themirroroferised.proboards.com
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:27 pm

I'm so glad that you don't hate Jake!
Like everywhere else it's all about how they hate Jake for that!
I felt so bad for him and I was so pissed at Bella I wanted to shoot her in the foot!
I loved how Edward's character got wayyyy more open about loving her and showing that he loved her, he evolved so much in order to make up for the whole leaving her in New Moon! I'm happy they're getting married, but I still feel so bad for Jacob and I hope he imprints on someone so that he can find love too, he deserves so much more than that!
I really hated Bella and Jake's kiss though. I thought it was a double pronged sword. It did nothing, but complicate everything and end up hurting everyone. -sigh-
I've always loved Jake and this book really tore my heart open. I didn't know what to think of it after I first read it. My stomach is still trying to untangle itself.

I don't know, those are just a few of my thoughts, they probably don't even make sense because I'm just rambling. :/
Back to top Go down
electric city !

electric city !

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:36 pm

No i totally get what you're saying!!
The kiss was really pointless. I think it kinda screwed up the book. I mean now bella will be married to edward and she'll maybe end up as a vampire, but she'll know forever that she loves Jacob and he is her soulmate in a way.
Is Bella Jake's 'imprint' or whatever it was called? I dont kknow if it said it in the book or not. At first it seemed like she wasnt, but at the end Jake made it clear that he wanted her. I'm a little confused Neutral
Back to top Go down
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 pm

No she's not. She asked him if it happened to him yet and he said no and it talks about how she was relieved. It made me cry whenever Jake was like "I only see you. Even when I close my eyes, it's you I see." I was like NOOOOO!!!! DON'T LOVE HER! BAD!
But it made for a great plot. Even though it tore at my heart and insides. I guess in a way she needed to kiss Jacob, so that she could see everything that she was giving up for Edward, so that she could accept it and move on.
Is anyone with me when I say that if she doesn't turn into a vampire in the next book they're going to be pissed?
Back to top Go down
electric city !

electric city !

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 pm

Ya im with you about her turning into a vampire. Unless something major happens, like she realizes that Jacob is the one for her and she doesn't want to throw her life away for Edward or something like that, but that is realllllly unlikely. Especially if they get married! Omc. I can't wait to see what their wedding will be like! Very Happy
Do you think Edward will be the one to change her? Or do you think that something with the Volturi will happen and they'll end up changing her?
Back to top Go down
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:49 pm

If she ends up with Jake in the end, I'll die. I'll shoot myself in the foot and then like hunt down SM and be like Why!?? Why??? oh why would you do that? Poor Edward and then to have Bella just jerk Jake around like that. I'd kill Bella. lol

I can't wait for their wedding! I want a good detailled description on it! I don't know who will change her, I don't even want to make a prediction. I was so wrong with where I thought Eclipse would go, that I don't even want to attempt.
Back to top Go down
KateHale

KateHale

Number of posts : 54
Location : is thinking about how gorgeous her man(Edward Cullen) is
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 1:53 am

What do you think your favourite part of eclipse was?
I think mine was "Compromise" like the entire chapter!

also I'm so relieved Victoria is FINALLY gone!

yes but what was everyone's favourite part?
Back to top Go down
bella&edward101

bella&edward101

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:09 pm

***SPOILERS BIG TIME PLEASE DO NOT READ IF NOT FINISHED WITH ECLIPSE***

i don't know about my favorite part... but didn't everyone just love alice.

i just love how she's so hyper and like when she was trying to get jasper when they were practicing for the newborns in the clearing. she's just so fun. i can't wait to read about what she does with bella and edward's wedding. i felt sooooo bad for jacob although i have to say that i really hate that jake is the new narrator. i mean i want to hear about bella and edward up close, jacob is only going to get a glance. you guys realize that if jake doesn't go to the wedding then we won't know what happened right, unless someone tells him about it i guess...
Back to top Go down
KateHale

KateHale

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 3:37 pm

I don't understand why everyone loves Jake so much!
I mean I think he's uncredibly obnoxious because I think that Edward and Bella are just the most perfect couple and he's ruining that relationship, in my eyes anyhow.
I agree if they switch narrators completely then we won't know nearly as much about Edward and Bella!
They're my favourite characters!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:53 am

if Jake is the narrator then I don't think he'll be narratoring the whole book, I think just bits and pieces.

I don't see how you can hate Jake.
If you look at everything he went threw with putting Bella back together, losing her to his biggest enemy not to mention the guy that hurt her and then loving her so much that she was all he could think about. It only made sense for him to try to win her, for him to do everything in his power to have her, because he loves her and he thinks of her turning into a vampire as a bad thing.
Out of everyone in the book, Jake got the worst end of the stick. I feel so bad for him. I want to help him, I want him to find love. He deserves someone.

Don't get me wrong. Bella and Edward are love and I would have HATED if she left Edward for Jacob, but I don't blame him for trying nor do I hate him one bit.
Back to top Go down
KateHale

KateHale

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:55 am

Okay I sorta understand why everyone loves him...
I guess now when i really think about it...he's a great guy. I forgot about when Edward left he was the one who put her back together and right again.
Back to top Go down
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:21 pm

Eep! I'm so glad that you don't hate him now!
It makes me sad when people hate Jake, it kind of hurts me a little bit...
He deserves some sort of happiness and come on we all knew there was no way Bella would ever leave Edward for anyone, not after New Moon when she realized that she couldn't live with out him.
Back to top Go down
KateHale

KateHale

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Yeah wow now I understand what he's going through...man that must suck! haha
Sad
but thanks for putting that in porportion for me.
Back to top Go down
bella&edward101

bella&edward101

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 3:41 pm

can you guys believe werewolves can't age either?! well, at least until they're ready...boy was that a shocker. i hope that jake can imprint on somebody because i don't want him to be lonely. at least he's got a long time to find someone. speaking of imprinting this is bad, but i thought that it was kinda funny that quil imprinted on a 2 year old. that's going to be interesting. i wonder what she's going to think about him. i can't imagine having to wait like 15-20 years and edward had to wait nearly a century!
Back to top Go down
MarthaWashington

MarthaWashington

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 5:48 pm

I thought that was wierd too. I mean if I knew someone when I was two and they were like my big brother, when I grew up, I don't think I'd want to date the guy that had been like my big brother all of my life. Just a little creepy.
Back to top Go down
bella&edward101

bella&edward101

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 9:57 pm

yeah, but i guess you never know. i mean bella and jake were best friends and look how that turned out. but, then again they were only best friends because bella wouldn't take it any further.
Back to top Go down
Catatonic.

Catatonic.

Number of posts : 98
House : Listening to music, dancing, being weird, reading, writing, smilie faces...boards, posting bulletins
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:50 pm

I haven't been on here in forever. I feel ashamed.
D:

Anywxy. I never really liked Jacob because I alrays thought he was too pushy and arrogant, but in this book it made me see his true intentions and his feelings and I just felt so bad for him. Except he did have his moments where I couldn't stand him.
I loved this book because it was humorous, and I find that Edward and Bella are really meant for each other. xD

I don't even want to know what happens in the next book.
I'm almost sad that perhaps Jacob won't be in the picture anymore.
Which is good but leaves me feeling empty. T_T I'll be worried about him.
I'll also be worried about Charlie, because once Bella changes, if Bella changes, he'll be kind of like...abandoned. :\

I say "like" too much.
D;
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcrmy.com
stupidxlamb

stupidxlamb

Number of posts : 17
House : Reading, Twilight, art, writing, music, youth group, friends, day-dreaming
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:58 am

I feel like Eclipse tied up a lot of loose ends. I think that Bella and Edward understood eachother a lot better by the end of it. Bella understood how much Edward loved her (to a degree) when he came back in New Moon (though it took a while). Now Edward can see some of how much Bella REALLY loves him, considering she chose him over Jake. And Edward knows what a big part of her Jake is. So I liked that that kind of wrapped up. PLEASE. NO MORE LOVE TRIANGLE. It was great for Eclipse, but Jake needs to do something else. Start a war with the vamps (which is likely, considering he threatened to do that, and I consider that some sort of overshadowing), or imprint on someone.
Back to top Go down
bella&edward101

bella&edward101

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:22 pm

i don't know why, but for some reason when i was reading new moon and we lost edward i was on a jacob warpath. i mean i understood the fact that he was helping bella and keeping her alive and i was grateful (listen to me talk like he's a real person) after the cliff diving incident, but i guess i just missed edward. i remember stephenie meyer saying that she wanted to see how many of us hated jacob after we read eclipse. i never hated jacob, but i still remember saying, "we'll see..."

now, i don't know what happened, but i have the most pity for jacob, even though he aggravated me sometimes. sometimes he was just being obnoxious, but sometimes he was sweet. can you imagine how hard it was for him to not only lose his love, but let her go knowing that not only did he lose her to his greatest enemy, but that she was going to become one of the enemy as well. his poor heart must be breaking. i can totally understand him wanting to stay in wolf form.
Back to top Go down
Dani_Cullen

Dani_Cullen

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 am

i love and pity Jacob after this book not that i didnt love him already but now i understand him so much beter. my favorite part was when Bella hit Jacob and broke her hand even if it isnt very Carlisler-ish of me. i will be Pissed Off if Bella isnt changed in BD and i cant even begin to predict what will happen in BD.
Back to top Go down
?!?!?!?!

?!?!?!?!

Number of posts : 5213
House : head of rosalie, bitches.
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:05 am

Okay, so someone just reminded me of one of my favorite lines from eclipse...

"Fall down again, Bella?" I glared at him fiercely. "No Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face."
Back to top Go down
http://spectacularerror.tumblr.com
Lairai

Lairai

Number of posts : 3010
House : CO-HEAD of Carlisle House!!! Come on Carlisians, you know you want to post in your OWN home!! ;) rightttt!
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:02 am

yeah i totally agree with like everything that bella&edward101 said about jacob and edward! because even though jake can be a butthead sometimes...he kinda had a reason to act that way. i really hope he imprints someone in Breaking Dawn; then i could feel a little less bad for him.

but i must say i am SO impressed with edward. he is the only person i know who could possibly comfort the woman he loved while she wept for another guy! it is just so amazing!

it reminds of a quote from Twilight. "I love you." "You are my life now."

Last edited by Lairai on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imprinted Image

Imprinted Image

Number of posts : 25
House : Female
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm

I was so upset that Jane killed Bree! That was the worst part! I mean Carlisle just spared her, and she was going to try to be good.

Yay for Carlisle's kind heart though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/christianchick4dizmas
Elena Cullen

Elena Cullen

Number of posts : 649
Location : petitioning for a return of the Volturi Lexicon! :P
House : Jasper
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:31 am

I don't think we can expect anything more from Jane...i don't blame her, given her past (see the Personal Correspondence on the Lex) and the Volturi themselves, this is how she was bound to turn out...for a vampire, she's doing quite well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eclipse thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse thoughts   Eclipse thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eclipse thoughts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next