Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

Steph wrote a story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

Number of posts : 947
House : Jasper.
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Steph wrote a story Empty
PostSubject: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:01 pm

I did this for my English class... We had to write our own Canterbury Tale, and I had no clue what to do, so I put Twilight and some of New Moon in a nutshell in Jake's POV. I plan to touch it up and put a lot more detail in it... And there are a lot of things wrong, like a location, and I think Jake's skin temperature is wrong in this... Oh well. I'll fix everything when I have time to. This was mostly BS'd 'cause it was way late.

Please enjoy. Very Happy

My name is Jacob Black. I’ve lived in La Push, Washington my whole life. Throughout my childhood, I didn’t have that many friends, but the ones I did have were the best anyone could ask for. Since I live near the West Coast, I spent more than half my time on the beach. My friends and I would play in the sand and soak each other with sea water, despite how cold it was. Of course, I don’t remember every little detail.

As I slowly grew older, I took an interest in auto-mechanics. Working on cars became a new passion of mine. My dad’s Chevy truck from the 50s quit working, and thanks to my expertise, it was up and running again with some work on the engine. I fixed it because one of my dad’s really close friends was buying the truck. My dad was in a wheelchair now; he had no use for the truck, and I was too young to drive.

Not long after the truck was fixed, I was extremely pleased to hear from my dad that one of my childhood friends was moving back in with her dad Charlie (who happened to be the one buying the truck) in Forks, not too far from here. She was coming back. I was ecstatic!

Isabella Swan was the reason I continued what I did. When she heard I was building my own car from scratch, a 1986 Volkswagon Rabbit, she was very impressed. I could tell she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked her if she knew where I could find a master cylinder for my Rabbit, but her attempt to comprehend was cute. Bella was the one I remembered most from my childhood. Our dads love to fish and would always go on trips and dragged us along since we were too young to stay home by ourselves at the time. Unfortunately, I didn’t see her after she moved back until a few weeks passed by. She was all I could think about now. I couldn’t talk about anything else.

I was told constantly that I was clueless and that I should wait until I was older to fall in love.

Well, some things are inevitable.

The first time I saw Bella after her return to Washington, we were on Long Beach. She was there with a few of her friends she had met at school. She was still the slender, pale brunette I remember. It was hard to believe she came from Phoenix, Arizona.

We built a campfire there with the driftwood that was scattered around. One of the girls that was with her – I think her name was Jessica – asked Bella why none of “The Cullens” could make it.

The sound of that name made me cringe with disgust.

I tried to hide my grimace, then said, “The Cullens don’t come here,” with a little too much grim in my tone. Why the Cullens? Why did Bella have to be friends with… with them, of all people?

I come from a Native American tribe called the Quileutes. The tales of our existence says our ancestors are wolves – or werewolves, to be exact. You know, man morphing into a wolf. Well, the werewolves have only one enemy. “The Cold Ones.” My great grandfather actually knew some of them. The same ones Bella was friends with, actually. To humans, The Cold Ones are known as vampires. The Quileutes call them that because their skin is cold as ice and hard as stone. I couldn’t stand them. They infuriate me, more so now than ever.

I coaxed Bella into taking a walk with me. She obliged. I lead her to a dead tree on the coast and told her the story about my tribe and my great grandfather and The Cold Ones. I told her it was just a tribal superstition and she seemed to believe me, that it was a scary story I had just come up with off the top of my head. She was very interested in the story, however. I wondered if she would remember that detail of the story; that my tribe is said to come from werewolves.

It became difficult to see Bella after a while. I really wished she wasn’t so attached to the Cullens. The part that angered me the most was the one she was closest to. Edward Cullen. He was a literal walking, talking, what most girls would call, “dream.”

I was incredibly jealous of him. I’m not going to lie. It didn’t help much that his kind of was my immortal enemy.

Yes, it’s true that the Cullens are vampires. They will be alive for eternity unless someone destroys their body and kills them in their own…“special” way. It is also true that my tribe is a bunch of werewolves. I have the ability to change into a wolf whenever I want, wherever I want.

My being in middle school irritated me. I was in a different school than Bella, and since I was only 15 years old, I didn’t have my driver’s license, so I couldn’t just go visit her in Forks. She was usually the one to come to my house. I liked it better that way, though, because then we could have privacy since those stupid bloodsuckers didn’t dare trespass on Quileute territory, which was the beach. The wolves didn’t tread on their land, either.

I tried my best to not let Bella’s vampire bother me. I think I did a good job until about a year of their relationship passed.

It was the hardest time in Bella’s life. I could tell by the way all of the color from her face was gone, her eyes glazed over in a daze, the slump in her walk… Edward had left her. Literally. He and the other Cullens moved out of town. He said it was “for her own good.” She told me about her conversations with him, how he liked to tell her she was better off without him because he drew danger to her, with him being a vampire whose girlfriend was human. Bella wouldn’t hear of it.

He was gone for 5 months. Every day from September to January, I had to watch Bella break apart and lose herself. As much as I hated to admit it, it was like her heart and soul had departed her body, all that was left was just skin and bones. I was infuriated with the way he hurt her.

Bella and I became much closer friends in his absence. In January, things became brighter for her. I was there to comfort her when she needed it. I was there to talk to when she had something to say. I was there to love her.

Unfortunately the bloodsucker returned. He realized how much he really missed her. Apparently he couldn’t live without her, and I wondered why he left in the first place. I like to tell myself I’m better for Bella. I can show her warmth, not just emotionally, but physically as well. Unlike the vampires, the werewolves have inhumanly feverish skin, burning at an alarming 108.9 degrees Fahrenheit.

Bella went back to him in a heartbeat. All I wanted was for Bella to be happy. When she was happy, I was happy. I never had any intention to give up, however, and continued fighting for my love of Isabella Swan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samuze
Bella_gurl01

Bella_gurl01

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 pm

lol nice steph!
haha.. even tho i dnt like jacob... its good!
i love it!
*hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/BellaB863
Sonia Cullen

Sonia Cullen

Number of posts : 4083
House : Rosie!! Yup, Rose and I are like THAT. *snaps sassily*
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Great job!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Thanks, you two!

I'm open for any kind of critique. I'm always looking for ways to make my writing better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bella_gurl01

Bella_gurl01

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:53 pm

nah i loved it steph....
nothin to critisize!
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Really? That's awesome!!

I'm still going to touch it up, though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bella_gurl01

Bella_gurl01

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:07 pm

haha ok....
but i LOVED it!!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm glad! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steph wrote a story   Steph wrote a story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steph wrote a story
Page 1 of 1