Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

larai's story!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lairai

Lairai

Number of posts : 3010
House : CO-HEAD of Carlisle House!!! Come on Carlisians, you know you want to post in your OWN home!! ;) rightttt!
Registration date : 2007-05-19

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:04 am

okay so this story isnt twilight related. its just something i wrote about a year ago. and sorry I've been kinda lazy so I havent really edited it yet. okayy so without further ado, here's my story!

Lairai: The Enchantress

Chapter One
*Note: This story begins during a time where magic-users were considered evil. The setting is in a small village just outside of London…..

“Look there she is!” cried a villager. At the sound of the voice exactly one hundred and ninety-nine people began running in the direction of the call. Meanwhile, a mysterious cloaked figure enters the Candlelight Light Forest-in the opposite direction of the chase- and mutters, “fools!” As this figure walks away a beautiful, long lock of light brown hair with just the faintest tint of gold; falls out of the cloak. Only to be glimpsed by a boy, no older than eighteen named Zane.
She knew that the boy was following the moment that the thought crossed his mind. Of course her master, and in many ways her true father, was the greatest mind-reader of the century. In the 2000’s Daisy was the greatest and then after her was someone else named Amber. After that the names all sound similar, nevertheless he is her mentor. For all the years that she has known him, he has never told her his real name. So she gave him a name that she thought was most suiting. She chose Sharda (which kind of has something to do with birds in its meaning) since he reminded her of the mighty hawks that roam the skies.
In truth, she have always been a little envious of Sharda. He was so lucky to be one of the chosen people to be gifted with this power to know a person’s entire life story with just one gaze at their minds. He could even read people’s thoughts from hundreds of miles away! Even though Sharda was the greatest at mind-reading, he knew that she had an unnatural knack for something else. Enchantment. It has always been so easy for her. Even as a child, she was could wield her ability to the extent of a full grown adult. All she had to do is focus on what she wanted and somehow her mind could manipulate people, objects, and even my physical body to do whatever she need. It’s pretty amazing and Sharda has always been jealous of her; even though he tries not to show it, because he’s the master and the “parent.”
But enough about Sharda; this mysterious boy was still following her. Let’s see, she thought as she began to pick his brain for some rudimentary information. Whoa, he’s got a pretty weird life going on. This kid is pretty much the loser of his whole village. Picked on by everyone and loved by none. Hmmm, this is all very interesting….maybe, she thought, she could ask Sharda if he could help her do a bit of research on this guy and then maybe she could meet him later too! But as she thought about it her brain rejected the idea. If she were to ask Sharda he would want to know why she wanted to know about this human and then lecture her about the dangers humans possess. Then maybe in the morning he might let me go out of the house and actually see this boy. Unless, of course, I didn’t tell him and just told Sharda that I was at a friend’s house and to not expect me until later tonight…..
Wait a second, why do I want to know about this boy anyways? It’s not like he’s done anything special. I don’t even know him and yet I’m already planning ways to meet up and talk to him. I don’t know but it feels as if my mind is forcing myself to meet him.
Eventually, I realized that I had run into a clearing in the Candle Light Forest that was surrounded by a brigade of tall and sturdy elm trees. I wonder why they call the forest that, I pondered, it’s not like there’s candles in here to show the path. I could hear the boy’s breathing now and knew that he was close. Any second now….it was actually five minutes later before he actually made it through the trees. However, when I first saw the boy break through the trees I felt my heart stop. There was something about him that when you looked closely enough you could see something magnificent. He suddenly looked down and blushed, and I realized that I had probably made him bashful by staring at him. But I just couldn’t help it, I had to figure out what it was about him that made me want to talk to him…keep him here…maybe even forever…
I decided to take control of the situation and calm the mood. I smiled at him warmly and sent feelings of safety and relaxation to wash over him. He immediately loosened up. It was then that I finally realized something about this boy that was just so intriguing. It was his eyes. They were a deep shade of mahogany that seemed to welcoming and inviting yet somehow…..never ending. Well, that’s actually only part of the feeling but still it’s a start.
By now I realized it was past the appropriate time to say something. Before I could attempt to say an ice breaker the boy suddenly stuttered out, “Hi, I’m Zane! But don’t worry if you don’t like the name Zane you could call me Runt. That’s what everyone else does. Only for different reasons…” he trailed off. Right when he finished talking I could tell that he instantly regretted his words. I reached out my feelings of ease to calm him down when all of a sudden his body became as still as a stone. Uh oh, I must have overdone the enchantment. Some humans are extra sensitive to magical abilities and can sense it after some time. What if he runs away and leaves me? What would I do? I really didn’t want him to leave. I was so desperate that I shouted out, “Its okay if I wanted to hurt you, you would be dead by now.” OH MY GOSH! Now he thinks I want to kill him. My thoughts were all scrambled, as I tried to think of some way to recover from this hit. Thankfully, he didn’t run away. In fact, he appeared to understand my mixed emotions.
So instead of leaving me, like any normal person, he moved closer to me. And then we sat down together and began to talk.

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

House : CO-HEAD of Carlisle House!!! Come on Carlisians, you know you want to post in your OWN home!! ;) rightttt!

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:05 am

part 2...

Here’s a different version of the first couple of stanzas from the same narrator…..

Don’t you just love the feeling you get when you spend a long time trying to figure out a problem and then suddenly- you’re hit with inspiration? Well, my scenario is similar to this with the exception of having a village full of ignorant humans trying to kill me. Of course it would take a lot more than just pitchforks and shovels to hurt me. All of my people have a certain-how would I put it- immunity to humans. We’re just not like them; we have other characteristics that influence our lives. But for some odd reason that no ones knows about, these humans have taken into practice of using various methods of torture to try and hurt us. Now, most of my people (who are part of the Resistance) usually just play dead and then escape the human’s evil clutches. The reason for this is that if they were to use other methods that might actually hurt us then we might be forced into the extremity of becoming in leagues with the Anti-Resistance. I won’t go into the topic of the members of the Anti-Resistance just yet, considering the amount of time I have; but let’s just say the Anti-Resistance are the ones that spread evil throughout the lands and puts bogus ideas (such as hurting people of the Resistance) into the minds of humans. Speaking of which, it’s time to put my brilliant plan into action.
A little while later…….

Gosh I feel like an idiot in this cloak. I hope no one can tell that I’m not human. I walked into the middle of the crowded village square nearby London. I then pointed my finger towards the mountains and shouted in a deep male voice (even though I’m a woman I can pull off a very convincing masculine tone.) “Look there she is!” To my great relief the idiotic humans went running off in the direction that I had pointed. I chuckled to myself and muttered, “Fools!” I then turned around and headed to the direction of the Candle Light Forest. I was in such a rush to get back home that a long lock of my light brown hair, that had the faintest hint of gold in it, escaped my cloak and fell lightly against my shoulder. As it did this I noticed that not everyone had left. There was an old beggar woman in dirty rags standing across from a little girl with a new Sunday dress on her frail little body. But then a little farther back was a boy of about seventeen years. He hadn’t really noticed me until my stupid hair fell out of my cloak. “Damn it!” I muttered under my breath, and began to walk quickly away into the forest.

After that everything is pretty much the same….I hoped you enjoyed this clip of the story Unwritten.

I later figured out that the boy’s name was Zane. I nearly cried out loud when he told me about his lonely childhood and how he didn’t really fit in anywhere. There was something about Zane that honestly and truly fascinated me. The longer I spoke with him the more intrigued I became. It was like he was drug. And I just couldn’t get enough of it. Finally after a couple hours of talking to Zane I realized what it was that I really admired about him. It was staring at me right in my face. And I mean that quite literally. It was his eyes. Whenever I gazed into those cool and understanding pools of mahogany eyes my heart beat faster; and no matter how hard I looked there was no end to the warmness inside of them. Yet, there was also a hint of power; of some unknown force waiting to be released.
I decided to tell Zane about my little discovery. To my embarrassment he thought my finding was hilarious and had a real good laugh about it. But being the gentleman he is, when he saw me blushing Zane instantly apologized and lavished me with an in-depth explanation to his odd way of looking at things.
I knew it was finally time for me to attempt to broach the topic of Windsingers and my enchantment ability to Zane. “So Zane…” I trailed off. I was trying to think of a good way to approach of the topic. “Ya?” he replied.
“Well, ummm I don’t really know how to say this but I’m not exactly what you would call….” I paused while thinking of the right word, “normal.” “You got that right. You’re the weirdest and somehow the most wonderful girl I have ever met.” He said sarcastically. I then realized that the best way to explain to Zane my ability was to show him. So I looked around the small forest clearing and began enchanting everything I laid my eyes upon. Pretty soon every tree, bug, rock, flower, grass, pebble, some loose items on our clothing, and even Zane’s own body; were all in my control. I split the rocks in half and then in fourths, then I took the flowers and I intertwined them together. The pebbles floated in the air and made a shape of a house. And then I finally lifted Zane off the ground and sat him down on my other side.
I was actually having fun. There were so many things in the forest that could be charmed and it has been so long since I’ve used my ability….. But suddenly I saw Zane’s scared expression and stopped my magical frenzy. “I’m so sorry. I over did it, right? It’s just that I want you to understand that I have a lot of power inside of myself. But I don’t use it to hurt others. I’m one of the Windsingers. My main purpose is to help those who cannot help themselves. I’ve been studying for a long time and pretty soon I’m going to graduate from the Windsinger Academy. Don’t worry this was the only time that I have ever enchanted you. And I also-
Suddenly Zane put a hand over my mouth and whispered, “Shhhh, calm down. Its okay I’m not mad. I actually think I knew all along. Right when I first glimpsed you in the village….” His voice trailed off, “I’ve often believed that there was more to life than living in a rural village and just living your life day by day. You know I actually don’t understand why I’m so different than everyone else. I mean you would think that after living with them for seventeen years I would be more like them. But I’m not. I am the runt of the entire village.”
It hurt me like a deep wound in my abdomen when he said these words. “Well you know I’ve been around here for about sixteen years and in these few hours that we’ve talked I’ve found out that I like you a whole lot better than your ignorant village. And I don’t care how worthless you think you are; you’re special to me!” I don’t know why my response to Zane was so strong, but it angered me to think that some fools from his town had given him such a low self-esteem.
He smiled at me warmly, but asked me sadly, “How are so sure en you’ve only just met me?” For once I was speechless. I just looked at him for a while and eventually I whispered, “I don’t know…..”
Zane seemed to understand my mixed feelings and for a while we both sat there, in the middle of the clearing with the sun setting over our heads, sharing this beautiful and personal moment together.
A little while later I heard a familiar voice calling my name over and over again. At first I couldn’t remember who it was. Eventually, I remembered the voice belonged to Shardae. Of course he would come here, he must have been worried when I didn’t come home; and I often spend time alone with myself in the forest. Except today I wasn’t alone. Zane was here and Shardae would never understand what he meant to me.
Thankfully, Zane figured out who the voice belonged to. “Shardae?” he asked as he recalled from our conversation. “Yes, it’s him. I’m sorry Zane but you have to go. He acted as if he didn’t mind leaving, but I could tell from spending all afternoon with him, that he was as reluctant to leave as I was. “Meet me here tomorrow right after dawn.” I told him. “How am I supposed to find you? It’s a long way back to the village….”
“No worries,” I told him proudly, “I have a map. (Note: the reason I’m so happy that I own a map is because when I first met Sharda I had been powerless. But he had sent me on a quest to find my true calling. When I returned he had given me many gifts. But the one that I treasured the most was the golden map of the world that has been passed down from the Great Spirit himself all the way down to me.) All you have to do is say the name of whomever or wherever you want and it will appear on the map.” I beamed at him.
“But know that I think about it, you never did tell me your name.” He inquired. I smiled at him and replied sweetly, “Lairai.” Shardae’s voice was now louder and coming closer by the second. In a minute or two he would be at the clearing with Zane still here. Before I could ask to go he leaned over and pressed his lips lightly against mine. The kiss was rather short but it left me breathless. Zane suddenly flashed me a wicked smile and dashed through the trees right as Sharda entered the clearing.
For some odd reason my heart couldn’t stop pounding like it was about to explode. When Sharda entered the clearing, I barely acknowledged him and simply walked with him when he ordered me home to the Magic House. While we were walking Sharda lectured me about being on time and keeping you appointments, but I barely heard him. All I could think about was Zane. It was weird, my mind was replaying the events that took place today and when it finally came to where Sharda appeared; it simply repeated itself. But what really stuck out in my mind was that he had kissed me. Zane- the guy I who was too embarrassed to talk to a girl in his class- had actually kissed me! I was ecstatic. None of my friends at the Xachary Academy for Gifted Children had ever kissed a boy before; and now I was the first.
Eventually Sharda realized that I wasn’t paying any attention to him so he stopped talking. After about a half hour of walking we finally reached the Magic House. When our house was in sight I made a mad dash to the door and sprinted up to my room. Once there I whispered my secret password and the door swung open. I threw myself upon my bed and lay there for the entire night dreaming about Zane. I dreamt about how perfect he was and felt a little bashful about my non-perfectness. Sometime during the night Sharda knocked on my door and asked to come in but I acted like I didn’t hear him. At times Sharda could be so clueless about things I had to stare at him with awe. It just surprised me that he couldn’t understand some simple concepts like leaving me alone. Especially, since I had always adored him when I was little; so this minor fault to a major hit on my image of Sharda. Oh well, I thought. At least I’ll get to see Zane tomorrow morning.

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:06 am

part 3...

Okay, I know this story is supposed to be in Lairai’s point of view; but I want to show you a scene from Zane’s point of view. Why you ask? Well, that’s simple my little friend. Cause I wanna. By the way the next scene is what happens to Zane when he comes home from his magical day with Lairai.

Suddenly, I felt like my head was no longer attached to shoulders. It was as if I was floating, and I probably was, because this was the first time in my entire life that I have been truly happy. Of course I had a couple of bright spots but nothing to this extent. The map that Lairai gave me quite easy to read; so I got back to the village rather quickly. I was in such a good a mood that I didn’t even notice when the other boys taunted me, calling me Runt, and the girls pointed at me accusingly. I just walked right past them without a second glance; to their apparent disapproval. But in reality none of them really mattered. Only one girl did, and she would be waiting for me tomorrow morning.
Lairai, it was such a pretty name. No, more than pretty; and a lot more that beautiful. She was…. I don’t know, but she sure is something special. By the time I had reached my house and I warily opened the door I found my father and three brothers all waiting for my in the kitchen.
“Where have you been? What were you doing? Who gave you the right to leave whenever you wanted to?! The questions kept coming and coming and eventually I grew tired of listening and began to nod off, while still thinking about Lairai; when my father- the man that I learned to hate- said, “ Stop boys.”
Now that was the last thing I expected him to say. But I might as well drown his voice out too. I mean it’s not like he’s going to do anything besides lecture me for and hour or so. I still couldn’t believe that I had kissed her! I was so rapped up in my thoughts that I barely noticed when my father stood up and said, “Boys leave me and your brother alone so that I can talk to him.”
I started to become vaguely interested; though my thoughts still orbited around Lairai. When my three brothers finally left the kitchen, between ruckuses of mumbling incoherent words to themselves, my father stared me right in the eyes and said, “Tell me who this gal is that’s making ya look like you just flew to Candy Lane.” He wasn’t asking; he was ordering me. I didn’t know what to tell him. I just stood there looking at him dumbly, and hoping with all my might that he didn’t somehow know about Lairai and her magical abilities.
He looked at me for awhile and then he groaned. “Oi! Please don’t tell me I have to give you the ‘talk’ about girls,” my father pleaded.
“WHAT!” I was completely shocked and horrified. That’s the second thing he’s told me today that made me stop thinking about Lairai and focus in on him. He took in my reaction with a grateful look, “Whoa! Well, that was close one. Thanks Runt; I guess I owe one. No, scratch that I don’t owe you anything. In fact you owe me for taking care of you for eighteen years. But anyways, now that we’re on good terms; does this female feel the same for you, as you do her?” My father looked at me accusingly. Well, first of all; I personally don’t ever remember being on good terms with my father. He was always either with the “town council”, praising my brothers, or making fun of me. But I decided it was best to answer his question.
“I believe so….. at least that’s why she stayed with-” All of a sudden I froze in shock. The reason I stopped talking was because my father was honestly scaring me. The look in his beady, black eyes made it seem that he was all-knowing, yet slightly insane.
“That’s why she stayed with-” he prompted. I thought back to my magical day with Lairai and faced my father with a stern look on my face and replied coldly, “That’s why she stayed me all day and didn’t interrogate me like you always do!” Then I stomped up the stairs, past my brothers who were listening on the staircase, and into my bedroom at the end of the hallway to the right. As I slammed my door shut, I heard my father fuming downstairs and a smug expression crossed my face.

Okay well now the scene is over so….. back to the story!

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:07 am

part 4...

Ugh, why won’t Sharda just leave me alone! I thought angrily to myself. I was having a pretty rough night, due to the fact that Sharda would always “check-up” on me every fifteen or so. He’s acting as if I’m going to run away in the middle of the night- which I am not doing. I just happen to be leaving very early tomorrow. Besides it’s not like he can’t figure out if I’m going to run away or not. All he has to do is use a little mind power and he can figure out everything about me! Even though Sharda and I have an agreement not to use our abilities on each, I am convinced that he does so anyways. But now that I think about I really don’t want Sharda in my mind tonight. Not when Zane is in every one of my thoughts.
Eventually, it came close to an appropriate time to get up and get ready to meet Zane. So I put on my favorite light blue blouse with my extremely comfortable tan-hide slacks. I left a quick note in the dining room telling Sharda that I went to the Armaya Mountains studying wildlife and would not be back until later today. I knew that Sharda would never buy, but I had to think of some kind of excuse. So I quickly slipped out of the house and sprinted all the way to the clearing to see Zane.
I was surprised to see that he was all ready there. But it was okay. I just felt bad that he had to wait for me. We looked at each other for a while and then Zane stammered, “He-hey Lairai!” The look on Zane’s face as he said this was truly comical. It was as if his emotions were competing with each other to take control of his dominant expression. I saw inspiration, awe, wonder, sadness, angriness, and even a look of despair in his face. The longer I looked at his befuddled expression, the harder it was for me to control myself. In the end, however, my emotions got the better of me and I started to laugh at Zane. “HAHAHAHA! Oh, I’m so sorry it’s just-snort- your face looks so funny…!”
Suddenly his cheeks became bright red in embarrassment. Thankfully after a while he realized that I was laughing out of good humor and he began to laugh too.
“I guess I do look kinda funny don’t I? Well, at least I can say that I’m braver than you”
“Braver than me; where did that come from?? Anyways we’ll see about that,” I growled. I then walked over to Zane and began to lean forward as if to kiss him. Zane immediately blushed and started to panic; when I felt his distress rising in great waves towards me I leaned away with a triumphant smile. “See, if you were truly brave than you wouldn’t have shied away.”
“Who said I shied away?” He inquired. He then began to repeat the same stunt that I had pulled. I definitely wasn’t ready for this. I let him get as close as a few inches from my lips, before pulling away.
Zane grinned wildly and attacked me with a bear hug instead. As we were caught in our embrace I heard him whisper, “I guess we’re both cowards since we can't even kiss each other.”
“Not necessarily, since we did it yesterday, remember?” “So we did, so we did. Well, then I guess we’re just crazy.” He smirked at the thought. At least…. if I had to be crazy with somebody, then I’m glad it’s with you.” He breathed. “Me too,” I answered lamely.
We were like that for most the afternoon; caught up in each other in the small clearing of the Candle-Light Forest. And as we were locked in each other’s arms it was as if we were mutually bonding. Suddenly my stomach made a weird grumbling noise and reminded me that I hadn’t eaten anything since yesterday afternoon. I usually skip dinner but then-in my rush to meet Zane- I forgot to eat breakfast this morning so momentarily I felt starved.
“Well that’s a little embarrassing.” I admitted.
“I think it’s actually kinda cute.”
“Yea, right and my breath smells like roses after eating garlic!” But then to my relief Zane’s stomach made a squealing noise similar to mine and I laughed. He blushed a deep maroon color. “Don’t worry silly we can eat at my house. Besides, right now Sharda should be with a private student at the academy so can have the whole house to us.”
“Well I was wondering where you lived….” He began. “Then it’s settled!” I cried happily. As we began the long walk to the Magic House, my house, I bombarded Zane with hundreds of questions that I have been dying to ask him. “What’s your favorite food? What are your hobbies? Did you ever eat bongos? Why do you think your hair is black and not blond like your family’s…?” Zane answered my questions with a look on his face that said: Why on Earth would anyone want to know this about me? But with each new answer he gave about fifty more would spring up. In this way we passed the time quickly together.
However, by the time we reached my house Zane’s voice was so hoarse that I could barely understand him! Yet, suddenly when the Magic House came into view, he stopped talking all together. He walked cautiously up to the house and through the threshold. “Welcome to my lovely home!” I shouted manifestly and pulled Zane further into the little house-which was actually quite big; three stories to be exact. Now I’m not exactly sure what he had been expecting but I could tell it was nothing compared to anything he could have imagined.
I looked around and saw the grand piano beginning to play Barnando’s Fifth Symphony. The broom was sweeping the floor like it always did at this time. And then the floor was giving its usual greeting; except this time it was slightly different. In a flowery script (that I had designed myself) said, “Greetings Enchantress and Zane- and then in a smaller print under Zane’s name- the one who holds the key to one of the secret Elements.”
When Zane saw this he almost ran out the door in fright! “It’s okay, okay,” I soothed him. “It always does that. I enchanted it; along with everything else in the house.” But in a smaller voice I added, “Though I wonder why it wrote that last bit…”
“I never realized that your house was so-so….” He stumbled, trying to think of the right word. “Magical?” I said with a smile. “Yea, magical….” He trailed off. Zane was clearly impressed.
“You know it’s called the ‘Magic House’ for a reason,” I told him slyly. “Whatever,” he replied, “hey I thought we came here for lunch, right?”
“So we shall. Please follow me.”
We walked into the kitchen together and then I politely asked the food and appliances to please make a lunch for two. They began working right away and in about five minutes we were eating. After a minute or two I suddenly said, “You know Zane I can cool; I just find it easier to enchant the food that’s all.”
“Okay,” he replied in a bewildered voice. “Well it’s just that I know how humans usually cook their meals and I want you to know that I can cook. I know that you’re probably more comfortable with them. But the only bad thing that happens is that the food usually gets burnt and tastes like sawdust.” Throughout my little speech I was talking faster and faster, blurring some words together. However, Zane caught the key word in my little rambling and his face became dead serious.
“Do you honestly think that I’m more comfortable with some mindless humans-he spat the word out- than I am with you? What could possibly make you think such a thing? Besides, I like you hundred times better than all the people in the world.”
“Thanks, but we both know that’s not true. I’m just too different than everyone else you know.”
“Come on Lairai,” he said frowning, “you’re more normal than all the people in London put together.”
“Oh really?” I challenged. “Well then, tell me how many girls you know that use magic and can probably make you kill yourself right now?” I didn’t mean to sound so harsh; except for some reason I felt that he was lying to me. Zane stared me right in my eyes and said, “One. I know one girl who knows magic and she has made me the happiest man in the world.” I had to drop my eyes. I just didn’t know what to say to him.
When I finally looked up, I saw that he had a kinder look in his eyes again. I still felt troubled. But then to lighten the mood Zane asked me, “So…since this food is enchanted, and since I just ate it and by now it’s probably in my stomach; well does that make my tummy magical?” I stared at him for a second and gave him an appreciated look for trying to make me feel better. But eventually I had to burst out laughing. It was hard comprehend how he could even think that!
“Hey do you want to see my room now?” I asked him. “Sure, that sounds cool.” Was his polite reply and he eagerly followed me to my room.
We went up two flights of steps and down a hallway that had different sized burnt marks on it. (The wall used to be cream colored, but when I was first learning to enchant things around the house….well let’s just say that I got a bit carried away.) Around a corner to find- a wall. “So, you live in a wall.” Zane said teasingly. “Something like that,” I smirked. I then went up to the wall and whispered, “Ra Soma Fe ol Soman!”
A deep, mahogany door suddenly sprung up and I opened the door for Zane, “ladies first!” I chided. “WOA!” Lairai what did you say!! And are you sure the door is not going to eat me if I walk through?” Zane asked incredulously. “Hahahaha, of course the door won’t eat you silly! And as for what I said… I’ll tell you later.” I promised. Zane was about to say more when suddenly the door opened downstairs and we heard a voice shouting, “Lairai I’m hooome!” We both froze. Then I roughly grabbed Zane’s arm and threw him in my closet under all my clothes and whispered, “I’ll be back soon.”
I ran down the stairs and met Sharda in the kitchen talking to Allison. I immediately put on a harsh expression when she looked up at me. Then I turned to Sharda and barked, “How did you know I was home? And why are here so early?” I was going to say- And why is your trampy, little girlfriend here, too? - But I decided that I should wait until she left to say this.
“Well, hello to you too sunshine,” he teased. “To answer your questions; I saw two plates and cups in the sink that you seem to have forgotten to wash. And also, what do you mean I’m early? I’m always home around three.”
Oops! I had totally forgot about to check the clock for Sharda. Why is it that time always flies when I’m with Zane? I thought furiously. And how am I possibly going to explain the dirty dished for two people?
Before I could say anything Sharda asked me, “Did Sakura or Yoko come over here?” I honestly couldn’t believe that he could be so stupid. Could he not guess who was really here? I mean it seems obvious. I looked at Allison and saw that she had a suspicious look on her face. Oh gosh I hate her; I thought to myself. She was one of the teachers at Xachary’s Academy for Gifted Children, and in my opinion the sluttiest. She wore tight clothing that emphasized her perfect body. And she was literally the dumbest person I’ve ever met. I think the only reason she was allowed to become a teacher was because she charmed Xachary, the founder and owner of the academy. Her power was that she could twist the wills and thoughts of the people around her by just touching them. In this way, I believe that she became a teacher and made Sharda fall for her. But I wasn’t falling for her act. I always knew there something odd about her. It’s just the way she does things that makes me want to pull her hair out and shout and Sharda for not seeing that under that pretty little face, an evil plan was brewing.
“Oh Lairai, I thought we were past all the evasiveness by now?” Allison said with a brilliant smile. I grumbled incoherently that she was a slut and to my satisfaction it looked like Sharda hadn’t heard me and she did! “Oh wait Lairai you never did tell me, is one of your friends over?” I decided to tell him part of the truth.
“Yeah, right now Elizabeth is in my room,” Sharda froze when he heard that name and I bit back a giggle. The reason I said Elizabeth and not Sakura or Yoko was because Sharda was terrified of Elizabeth. You see, she can collect energy from all around her and create a cage of torture and misery around whomever she wished and could eventually kill them with many more brutal tactics. She had once shown me her peculiar talent and I had to admit it was quite interesting.
However, Sharda was convinced that she was cruel and cold blooded with no warm feelings for people. He even went so far as to compare her to Kana, leader of the Anti-Resistance. Though he never voiced his opinions about her when she was here, in fear that Elizabeth might hear. “Is she still here?” He whispered nervously.
“Yes, and I shouldn’t keep her waiting or she might get cranky.” Sharda made a face and was going to say something more; when he thought better of it and pointing to the staircase.
I gratefully ran to my room leaving Sharda and Allison behind. I quickly said my passwords, opened the door, and threw the closet door open to find- Zane, hidden among all my clothes sleeping like an angel. I just couldn’t make myself wake him up. As I slowly moved away from my closet I accidentally stepped on a loose floor board. The sound woke him up with a start. “Hmmm?” he groaned.
“Sorry,” I whispered, “it took me a while to get away from Sharda and then his girlfriend was there too so I had to put on an act for her too.” Zane was starting to gather his bearings. “Hey you wouldn’t happen to know what time it is. Because I need to get home before twilight or my parents will ground me for an entire year!”
I looked at him sheepishly, “well you know it is quite a long walk from here back to the village. And even with a horse it would take about half an hour and then-” “Lairai,” he interrupted me, “just tell me.” Zane was beginning to look anxious. “Fine,” I said curtly, “Right now the sun is about to set in the Western sky.” He was about to make a loud remark but I put a hand over his mouth and pointed downstairs to Sharda. He instantly remembered and lowered his voice, “what am I supposed to do? If I don’t get home on time I may never see you again.” His voice sounded distressed and his eyes looked troubled. “As much as I hate my family; I have to go to them.” I could tell he was fighting duty with desire. I decided to choose for him.
“Don’t worry, I’ll get you home on time,” I said confidently though I knew that it was impossible for me to do it. Zane seemed to realize this also so he said, “Don’t stress out about it. I’m sure we’ll find another way to see each other.”

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:07 am

parat 5...

As I suspected, Zane arrived home late; about a half hour late to be exact. And just like Zane had foreshadowed his parents did ground him; for eighteen months. However, Zane’s “house arrest” did not stop Zane and me from seeing each other. In the mornings I would come through his window and we would talk together, but exactly an hour later I would be forced to leave so that I could go to the Academy. (Zane all ready graduated from his school. He was a smart cookie and surpassed all the other students and got a diploma early.) I’m very privileged to have Xachary as one of my teachers at the academy. Even though he has his many “problems” (and by the way, we’re not allowed to speak of his flaws; else risk expulsion) he is a brilliant teacher. He teaches us how to control our abilities (which is hard to believe considering he can’t even stop drinking) except I have him right before school ends. And so every once in a while, I think he’s getting a little suspicious of me. Because when he doesn’t have a big hangover, Xachary is more aware of his surroundings. So he can see that I don’t really pay attention in class like I used to. Nevertheless, when school ends I race out of there and I am usually at Zane’s house in about three quarters of an hour.
When I make it back to Zane’s house for the second time, the routine is that first I finish my homework and talk to Zane about anything that pops into my head. It’s really cute; he just started writing poems for me! His first one that he wrote to me went something like this:
Lo, behold this beautiful rose
Who holds me in her grasp of her strong and loving eyes?
Ah, this woman I know
This Pearl of Perfection
Is the Queen of my soul
And how I long to hear her say, that I too have that effect
On her loving and oh so kind life
Oh please say I do.

Awwwww! It’s so thoughtful of him to write this for me! He’s actually getting quite good at writing poems too.
This arrangement of ours is pretty safe; since I usually enchant his family to stay away from Zane’s room and to “turn off their ears” to the sounds of our voices. Originally, Zane didn’t like this idea; but he gave in pretty soon, realizing it was the best solution. Sadly, after finishing my homework (which I usually drag out to two or three hours, though in reality it takes less that one) I have to return to Sharda. Speaking of which, I am unsure at the moment whether he knows where I am going after school. My excuse to him was that I am either at the academy, library, or a friend’s house. I’m pretty sure that he checked all those places already and has discovered that I am not there. I think he even faced his fear and went to Elizabeth’s house; one of my best friends and one who has the coolest powers of torture that I have ever witnessed. But any how, I think Sharda is under the impression that I have met a nice, magic-using boy. Let none of us tell him the truth; else he will bite my head off.
The months went by and Zane and I became even closer until we practically knew everything about each other. We would even finish each other’s sentences! We were that connected. After school, while I was at his house, Zane would help me with my magic homework. Sometimes Zane would tease me saying, “Pretty soon I’ll be as advanced in charms and magic as you are Lairai!” Even though he said this as a joke and I would usually reply with a sly comment back; I secretly knew it was true. I noticed that sometimes he would look over my shoulder at my paper and mutter an answer to himself. After a while of thinking about it I would grudgingly agree that he was right.
On days that I finished my assignments early, which was usually every day, we would sit next to each other on his bed and relax. Sometimes we would murmur things to each other, but we mostly sat in companionable silence. It was odd; during the time that we spent relaxing together, I became more aware of his chest that appeared to be more masculine and stronger than before. It had the appearance of young man, and Zane certainly was a young man. Seventeen years is only one off manhood, and is also one year off my sixteen years of existence…
On one such day that I finished early, Zane and I were sitting together on his bed for so long that our backs had completely slouched downwards and it now looked as if we were sleeping together to anyone walking by. Though neither of us commented on it; I felt exhilarated to be so close to him. But suddenly Zane turned his head to me with a look that I took to be disgusted. I cringed back, secretly hurt because I thought Zane might not want me anymore, and so I took on a saddened expression. At first, he seemed confused by my sudden mood change. But eventually realization dawned over him and he put his arms around my waist to show me that he didn’t want me to leave.
I smiled shyly and said, “Sorry ‘bout that. You must think I’m a whiny little girl. It’s just…. I thought you wanted me to leave.” Zane looked at me with utter disbelief in his eyes. “Why one Earth,” he began, “Would I ever want you to leave? I mean isn’t the whole reason you’re here to be with me?”
“Well, I just thought that- maybe you had finally decided that you would rather spend your time with…oh I don’t now someone more your ‘type’.” I tried not to overemphasize the word type, but as I said this I watched his carefully.
He was serious for a moment and then his face broke out in a broad grin. “Haven’t you heard anything that I’ve told you these past couple of months, or have you just been ignoring me?” He disguised his face with a look of false hurt on it.
“You know perfectly well that I remember every word you tell me.” I tried not to make it obvious that I was pretty much obsessed with him. “I listen and…and-” it was hard to form coherent questions when he looked at me. I know I briefly mentioned this before, but Zane’s eyes were one of the most interesting things about them. I could just gaze into them forever and never miss a second of the real world; because Zane was my world. He was my everything and everyone. He was-
Zane snapped me out of my train of thoughts as he suddenly said, “Then don’t worry about it Lairai. I don’t ever want you to leave. I’ll want- no I’ll always need you. M’kay?” Oh yea, I had forgotten that I was supposed to be upset about something. See what I mean, his eyes always does that to me. I’m surprised that he hasn’t figured out how hopeless I am without him.
“Thank you,” I whispered and the words felt really lame; even as I spoke them. “You know Lairai; now that I think about it I haven’t really told you how much you mean to me.” Zane whispered in my ear, then sighed and snuggled his face into my hair.
Now I knew what he said wasn’t funny and that I should have a calm and equally emotional statement to reply to him. Instead I burst out laughing like a complete idiot. Zane was instantly embarrassed and I really wished that I hadn’t done that. “I’m sorry,” he said with a look of true hurt on his face, though he tried not to show it; and began to sit up. “Wait!” I cried with a desperate expression on my face, because I really didn’t want him to go. He gave me a confused look, but stayed where e was, in between of sitting up and lying down. “Please don’t leave me,” I begged him, “it’s just that when said that to me, I was thinking to myself how much I need you. It’s not supposed to be the other way around. You’re a human and have all these possibilities to accomplish things and, and the only way I could think of responding was to laugh. I’m so sorry; I didn’t mean to make you upset!” I was gasping for breath as I finished my little speech.
Zane looked at me for awhile and stared intently into my eyes, as if searching for the truth. I don’t know what he saw in there, but all I could about was how much I hurt him, and how desperately I wanted him to stay. Whatever his reasons are I don’t think I’ll ever know. But he started to lie down again and I was secretly thrilled. When he saw how excited my face was he laughed saying, “jeez Lairai, I didn’t know you were that desperate.” “I just love being with you,” I told him, ignoring his light teasing, and snuggling against his chest. I noticed it was pretty hard. Had he been working out? I decided not to ask.
A huge portion of the time Zane and I spend together is in compatible silence. Even though I enchanted his family, he usually talks in whispers “just in case”. But that was all okay. Zane was a man of little words, due to the fact of being called “runt” all of his life. There’s an advantage to his quietness, though. When he does say something it’s usually special and should be cherished. I loved the fact that Zane and I know each other so well. And how Zane seems to be finding it easier and easier to talk and be around me; which, by the way, has nothing to do with the fact that I am an enchantress.
As we lay there on his bed, with the evening turning to night, instead of leaving his house like I should have, I stayed with him and fell asleep in his arms.

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:08 am

part 6...

“AAAHHHHHH!!” I woke with a start as I heard a female’s voice broke through the calm morning. “Get out of here!” shouted a deep male voice.
“I’m merely here to retrieve something that belongs to me,” said a cool, clear voice; except there was an edge of anger in his voice. “Who said we had anything “magical” in our home?” demanded the deep voice again.
At first, Zane and I stared at each other uncomprehendingly. But suddenly realization dawned over us. “It’s Sharda!” Zane and I said in unison. I was too nervous about Sharda being here to even acknowledge our little, unintended pun. “Oh, no; he must have been worried when I didn’t come home. But wait…the only way he could have known I was here was if- OH that little cheater!” I stormed, “Using his mind against me like that. He’ll be hearing about this later; it’s not like he’s my real father or anything!” I raged on.
“Lairai- STOP!” Zane cried out. “Things are just a little more confusing since now my family is involved-”
“A little? Sorry I think it’s more than just a little.” I said interrupting him.
He gave me a look and continued speaking, “But I don’t think they’ll like it if-” Zane was interrupted again by a loud banging on the door. “LAIRAI ZANA! Lairai, come on out. I know you’re in there so open this door.” Sharda shrieked. Zane turned to me with a headstrong expression on his face, but I closed my eyes then and concentrated my entire mind and body to my goal. I’ve done this stunt only once before and the attempt left me unconscious for two day straight. It was that complex and difficult and I since then I have really doubted my abilities. Let’s see, I thought; how high is enchanting family members on my list of wrongs? In the brief, moment I thought about it, I realized it was pretty high up there. But Sharda broke that rule, too. And as I gazed upwards on my list, I found that getting Zane in trouble was my first and extreme wrongs. It was right next to becoming part of the Anti-Resistance. Nevertheless, I wanted things back how they were. (Even though the reason he was grounded was because of me.) But I was determined not to let it happen again.
Suddenly three things happened simultaneously. First, Sharda busted through the door with a look of an enraged bull on his face. Then Zane stepped out in front of me as if to protect me from Sharda’s wrath; when his father comes out of no where and punches Zane in his face. He fell onto the floor in a heap. And lastly, when things look like they couldn’t get any worse, two other things happen that’s both bad and good. Well, the good news is that my enchantment worked! Everyone in the room, besides me and Zane, were frozen into time. Zane looked up at me with an incredulous expression.
However, the bad news is that I feinted from my sudden loss of energy it took to withstand the enchantment on time itself; which I might add is hard! I crumbled and crashed to the floor and only dimly remember hearing angry voices. The last thing I remember was feeling Zane’s arms around me; so the adults in the room wouldn’t completely tear me to shreds.

It has now been over two weeks since I last saw Zane. Apparently after I feinted Sharda ripped me from Zane’s grasp and started yelling at me in Yenta. However, Zane’s parents don’t know Yenta and so when they heard it they started freaking out. He was actually cussing me out. He then embarrassed me further by yelling at Zane too, which got his parents even angrier. (And just so you know, when I regained consciousness I yelled at Sharda for using his mind reading ability on my and refused to talk to him. That was a bad move, since it got him really mad; so now I’m grounded for another month and I can’t leave the house. Not even for school; so my assignments are brought to me by Sharda everyday.)
Anyways, Sharda said he read Zane’s father’s mind and saw that Zane’s punishment was pretty bad but he wouldn’t tell me what no matter how hard I begged. But most the time I was with Sharda I felt kind of ashamed. Yet, it was for other reasons that I didn’t quite think I would consider. Instead of being upset that I got caught and that I had lied to Sharda and probably lost his trust; I was instead upset that I had failed Zane and let him get into trouble again! I was mortified by the thought of it. He had implacable faith in me and my abilities and I screwed everything up.
Still, two weeks without Zane had left me feeling kind of loopy. But now I can proudly say that I have finally cracked. I wonder what Sharda will say when he sees me being taken away to an insane asylum, since I am a threat to myself and others. He’d probably say, “Maybe I should have let her stay with that Zane kid. I mean, he wasn’t too bad…” The truth is he isn’t bad at all. Zane is the sweetest and most lovable person in the world. Wait a second; did I really say that word? The “L” word; I mean does it really go with our relationship? Are we in….love? Well, perhaps it is love. If so, who am I to let another person get between us? I’m not sure if Zane feels the same way, but if I could only talk to him….
That’s it! I will talk to him. I’ll visit his house tonight and then we can settle this matter once and for all. Maybe if I found out that he loved me I would be able to run away from Sharda and we can go off together. Anywhere; as long as we’re together. Just Zane and I.
I felt very happy by this thought and started to imagine what our life would be like. But then an annoying little voice in my head whispered, “What will do if he doesn’t love you back?” I angrily pushed the little voice of my thoughts. No, that will not happen. But that dumb, little voice came back and whispered it again. I didn’t want to think about it; because I knew the answer all ready; if Zane rejected me than I would become part of the Anti- Resistance. Now as I said before the Anti-Resistance is a major no-no. They’re bad. And they go against everything I stand for.
The Anti-Resistance. I shuddered at the thought. Everyone knew that they were a warrior tribe who were made from people’s sorrow, sanity, or their anger. Once the victim was totally consumed by one of these emotions, he or she would then burst into an array of flames and another one would be born (well not physically engulfed in flames, of course, but mentally this could happen). Right when they are “born” they are devoured with a hate for life. The only people they love are themselves and their people. But even then, it doesn’t come close to true affection.
When I was little, I had asked Sharda where my parents were like any kid would. It seemed like a simple enough question. However, he would always become really serious and mumble something incoherent under his breath and walk away. I now know that somehow or another my parents were consumed by the evil flame and that I would never see them again. Even if I did, which is very unlikely, they probably wouldn’t recognize me. At first I was upset that Sharda didn’t tell me, but that’s okay because he’s always looking after me.
But anyways, I’m leaving NOW. I have to find out if Zane loves. I need to know. My life and sanity depends on it. (Yea, I know I’m that desperate. What are you going to do about it human? Shoot me? Ha, I would like to see you try.)

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:09 am

part 7...

“Sharda,” I called out while I walked down the stairs, “where are you?”
“Living room!” He shouted at me. “And what are you doing out of your room?” He asked as I came in. “Well, I was wondering if I could go to Elizabeth’s house today. What do you think?”
“I think you’re still grounded for the next oh... couple of decades or so.”
“Oh come on Sharda, I’ve been on my best behavior and besides you know how her mother is a control freak and probably won’t let me out of her sight. And anyways I th-” I was interrupted by a person that I like to call “The Bitch from Slutville” however Sharda liked to call her Allison.
“Hey Shardy, look who’s decided to grace us with her presence!” She gave him a ditsy smile.
“His name is Sharda,” I told her coldly, “and we’re talking right now.”
“Lairai,” he gave me a stern look that told me to be polite, “you should be nicer to Allison. She hasn’t done anything bad to you, so what’s your problem?”
“If you want we can talk about it Lair.” She smiled at me again and I was so tempted to enchant the sofa and throw it at her head. Instead I gave her a long, cold stare. She coughed, and looked away. I wanted to tell Sharda that my problem was that this exceptionally slutty girl who was all over him and probably balancing five other guys with him. She just looked like one of those people. And I do not want Sharda getting hurt; even if it is his fault. But I decided to be nice and not say anything about it. “Well, can I go to Elizabeth’s house or not?” I demanded.
“Oh, Shardy that would be a wonderful idea for Lair to go over to her friend’s house. Don’t you think?”
It seemed quite obvious that the only reason she wanted me out of the house was to be alone with Sharda, but then again, if it got me out of the house…
“My-name-is-not-LAIR!” I shouted at her, enunciating every syllable. I hated her little nicknames that she gave people. They were so annoying. I just wanted to slap her.
Sharda could see I was getting irritated and he knew I usually start enchanting things when I get like that. “Fine just go. I’m expecting you back here at 9 o’clock sharp. I gave him a look that would have had any human cowering down in fright. He just returned my gaze and said, “Okay 10:30 and your doing the dishes by hand for a month, and don’t be one minute late coming home!
I gave him a bright smile, “Thank you Sharda!” I gave him a peck on his cheek and bounded up to my room, grabbed my bag full of stuff that I had prepared earlier, and ran out of the house before he could say anything else. I knew he would give in to me. Oh, how I love Sharda.
Elizabeth’s house isn’t very far away. It’s only about a quarter of an hour’s hike north. I’ve always loved traveling. It gave me time to think about things and I am usually more inspired while I walk.
Today, I was thinking over my plan of escaping from Sharda, which included Elizabeth’s help of course. I finally made it to her house and quietly knocked on her door and heard a high pitched voice squeak, “MOM ELIZABETH KILLED MY CAT AGAIN!” I chuckled to myself. Elizabeth loved killing her little sister’s pet cat. Of course she wouldn’t do it on a regular basis since she doesn’t like to inflict unnecessary pain on others. But it just so happens her mother is a healer who can bring animals back from the dead along with some other things.
“Elizabeth Flox, come here right this instance!” That was definitely her mother. “Why do you always find the need to hurt your little sister’s feelings, hmmm? Tell me. It hurts me to think that-”
I chose this moment to knock again-except louder this time. I could hear all three of them jump up from the sound. “It’s Lairai!” I called to them.
Approximately two seconds later Elizabeth ripped open the door and pulled me inside saying, “Geez Lairai, I haven’t seen you in like forever! Thank goodness you’re here, I thought I was going to die of boredom,” she quickly looked at her sister and said, “sorry about the dead cat sis!” Then she grabbed my arm again and we ran upstairs to her room just as her sister started to cry.
“So tell me,” she began, “what new scheme are we up to today?”
“Oh Elizabeth you know me so well,” I teased. I looked at her and started studying her face. She was actually quite pretty. She had short, black pixie-like hair that contrasted very nicely with her olive-toned face. She was slim, but not too slim in which you would think she was anorexic. I shook my head getting it back into my escape plan.
“Well, I’m sure you’ve heard about my little…..boy trouble, right?”
“Lairai I’m pretty sure the whole school knows about it. Even Professor Albanoodle heard about it and he still thinks that World War One is recent history.”
I groaned. “Okay I get it. So anyway I’m just going to get right to the point. Elizabeth…. I love him. I love Zane. I know he’s human and I know magic folk and regular people aren’t supposed to be together but I can’t help it! I can’t stay away from him. Every extra minute away from him is another hit to my sanity.” My voice was becoming softer by the word. “But I have a plan!” I announced happily.
“As I knew you would. So what are we going to do? Threaten Sharda to let you see him? Go to this Zane’s house and torture his parents until they let you two be together? Or maybe-”
“Jeez Elizabeth, for someone who doesn’t like hurting people you seem very violent today,” I teased. She scowled at me but started laughing after she thought about what she said. “So anyways here’s what we’ll do….”

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:09 am

part 8...

I was nervous. I had no reason to feel this way; I had already made up my mind that I was leaving and I wasn’t going back on it. It was just this whole process that put me on edge. There were actually many feelings inside me and all of them were fighting to be my dominant emotion. They included: happiness, anger, hopefulness, sorrow, and many others that made my stomach squeeze rather violently. Elizabeth and I had spent the better part of the day discussing my escape and even though it was a brilliant plan (since I thought of it) my chances of escape looked bleak.
I was standing in some shrubs just outside of my house and Elizabeth was squatting next to me. “Are you sure you want to do this Lairai?”
“That’s sixteenth time you’ve asked me that Eliza, and yes I am sure that I want to go.” She looked at me in surprise and then her face took up a more solemn look. She knew that when I called her Eliza, that I meant business and that there was no kidding around. “Okay, okay don’t freak out on me.” She muttered more to herself than to me, but I answered her anyway. “I’m sorry Elizabeth I just can’t get over the fact that this probably won’t work and that I’ll be stuck with Sharda for the rest of my life and be forced to forget about Zane. I mean, I love Sharda and all but I can’t help but wonder if-”
“Lairai! Jeez, calm down miss enchantress. You just have to have faith. If it is meant to be then it will happen. If not then trust your instincts that one day you and Zane will be together. Without that hard-wired resolution then the chances of our plan working is zero.” She was staring me in my eyes and I had no choice, but to stare back at her. “And remember, as Juvalim said, ‘If thou’s true love is in needeth of you than fear not; for thou will surely meet them therein thyself.’”
I wasn’t exactly sure what that meant, but I usually don’t get half the things Elizabeth tells me. But I felt strangely at peace. Eliza has a way of doing that to me. She’s such a good friend. I gave her an appreciative look, and she smiled at me.
“Okay now I have to go. If I wait too long than it will start to dark and Zane can’t see very well at night so I best be going…..thanks for everything Eliza. You’ve been my friend since we were two years old and you’ve always been there for me. I really appreciate you and I am going to miss you so much.”
“Relax Lairai; I understand. Besides it’s not as if you won’t be visiting me once you’re settled in America.” A dark edge suddenly came into her voice as she growled, “you will be visiting me won’t you?”
“Of course, of course; once we’re settled I will totally be here!” I quickly replied.
“Good!” She smiled again and I knew that the worse was over. “Are you ready to go Lairai?”
“Wait a second! Are you sure that Zane sent you a note saying that he does want to be with me and that he will meet me in the forest clearing? ‘Because if he didn’t and you’re trying to pull something on me than I will personally kick you’re little-”
“Yes, yes he really did. Don’t say something you’re going to regret later. You know perfectly well that if I feel threatened than I will protect myself and that even includes beating you up.” She said this with a smug expression on her face.
“Ha, yea right. When I’m through with you than you’re going to be wishing you were dead!” I answered her; playing along to her little game. She turned to me, suddenly inspired, “well, I’m going to make you wish that you were Firedancer.” Right when she said that my face became as hard as a rock and her expression showed instant regret. I could feel my body shaking with uncontrollable rage. Elizabeth started to say something but the look I gave her stopped her short. It wasn’t until a few minutes later that I was in control of my emotions once again. As my face slowly grew calm Elizabeth started lashing me with apologies, “I am so sorry Lairai! Please forgive; I don’t know what I was thinking. That was a really mean thing for me to say to you. I’ve known about your situation for like ever and I am deeply sorry. Please-”
“It’s okay Elizabeth. I know you didn’t mean any harm, and I shouldn’t have responded that way. I’m an enchantress, and I should have better control over my emotions. But let’s not dwell on the negativities. It’s getting really late and now we have to say goodbye.”
“Alrighty then; bye Lairai! I’ll see you later.” And she began to walk back home. I smirked. Elizabeth never made anything very long or emotional. Unlike myself who manipulates everything. “I’ll see you later.” I agreed and walked towards the house.
By then there was only a couple hours left until sunset, so I had to hurry up and get on with my escape. I quietly snuck into the house and tip-toed to my room. I grabbed a few essential items; food, items that go with personal hygiene, some blankets, flashlight, etc. Then I walked calmly down the stairs and walked to Sharda who was sitting on the sofa reading the newspaper. I kneeled down in front of him and stared into his eyes. He looked up puzzled and in my mind I said, “I’m going off with my boyfriend to live in America. We’re in love and we can’t stay here. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I really appreciate you Sharda. I love you. Goodbye.”
There. Now he can’t ever tell me that I didn’t explain to him why I left. It was his choice to read my mind or not and considering the fact that his face isn’t beet red and that he’s not yelling at me like there was no tomorrow than I’m pretty sure that he did not read it. Oh well, his lost. “Wait Lairai, did you want to tell me-” he began to speak, but I heard a door creek behind me and whirled around to see- a bitch in a very slutty outfit walking into the room. But when the bitch saw me she just blushed and stood there smiling. “That’s it! I’ve just about had it with you Allison!” I turned away from Sharda and faced my foe with a determined look on my face. I have had to endure her since she came to the academy five years ago. And then I had to face her at home when she was with Sharda. I am just sick and tired of her and now…I’m going to make her wish she never met me. I was going to show her that no one messes with me and Sharda and gets away with it. Besides, it’s not like I’m ever going to see her again, might as well make my last memory with her a happy one.
An evil smile played across my face. I could hear Sharda yelling at me to sit down and stop being so rude but I ignored him. The slut was beginning to feel uncomfortable and that was just fine with me. I was beginning to summon up my energies when…a thought hit me. If I hurt her than I’ll never be able to leave this place. I would have to put aside all of my hate so that I could fulfill my love. Man this sucks.
I let my eyes grow calm and relaxed myself. The Bitch from Slutville let out a sigh of relief. I went to a corner chair and tried not to be sick as Sharda babied her; asking if she was okay. I decided that I’ve waited long enough and got up and simply walked out the door with my bag. Just like that. I strolled down into the forest and began the walk to the clearing. I was judging how long my enchantments can go and realized that it was pretty far. With that in mind I entered the clearing to see-Zane sitting there looking troubled.
“What’s wrong Zane? Is everything all right?” A worried expression crossed my face. Zane didn’t look at me but I heard him whisper, “I almost killed him; my father. I didn’t, I didn’t know I could do that. I didn’t mean to, I just-I’m so…” He continued babbling on and after a while I stopped him saying, “Zane! Snap out of it, and tell me what’s wrong.” He still didn’t look up at me. I knelt down besides him and sat there for a quarter of an hour before he spoke again.
“Remember the first the first time you took me to your house? And remember when we walked in and your enchanted floor greeted me by saying ‘the one who holds the key to one of the secret Elements.’” I wasn’t quite sure where he was heading with this thought but I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.
He smiled back and continued, “Well I think you floor was right.”
“Excuse me? Zane are you implying that you are one the extremely rare people who has the powers of Wind, Water, Earth, or Fire? Because if you are then-”
“Lairai; listen to me! I know what I did. I was leaving my father’s house…and he was mad, real mad. I was just trying to get out of there before I did something rash. There was this growing feeling inside of me. Some sort of power, and to tell you the truth, it scared the hell out of me.” His voice was beginning to rise and quicken with each word. “I was trying to control myself; I really was but then- I just snapped. Suddenly there was this icy, cold wind that started to swirl around me. My father stared at me in shock, and I realized it was coming from me. But I was so angry that I let the power go through me to him. He was thrown across room! I was going to go after him and finish him off, but then I realized what I did and I ran here. Oh Lairai, I didn’t know what to do. I mean I wanted to hurt him. It was the first time in my entire life that I have ever felt that way. Felt like I wanted to kill a man!” By now he was shouting the words out. He leaned his head against me and I felt his whole body shaking.
All I could do was rub his back and making soothing sounds to help him. After a while I told him, “Maybe that’s why you were always the ‘runt’ of your family. It’s because you’re not like them. Human, I mean. You’re…like me- a magic user.”
He thought about that for a minute. Then he got up and said, “You know, frankly I’m not sure why I’m so upset. This is great. Now we’re even more alike. We fit each other better.”
“Zane, Zane; don’t you see? You are my other half. We all ready fit perfectly. We just didn’t see it.” I smiled at him and he smiled back. “This reminds me…I believe I owe a ‘present’ to a Ms. Allison. Let’s see how she likes it when I mess her.” The same evil grin crossed my lips again and this time I accepted it with open arms. “Lairai…what are you going to do?”
“Let’s just say that Allison won’t be able to visit Sharda anymore.” Zane gave me a look and quoted ‘anymore.’ I closed my eyes and smiled. This was going to be fun. I knew that Allison was probably still with my ignorant mentor that I call Sharda. So I started with freaking her out. You know, making weird things happen around her so that she thinks everything is bewitched. The usual stuff people use to scare others.
But I wasn’t even close to being through with her. I would explain in full detail all of the wonderfully, gruesome events that occurred to Allison that evening, but I’m afraid I might get too caught up with it so I’m going to end Allison’s horrific night here. But let us just say that she hasn’t been to Sharda’s house in an entire year! Sucker.
“Come on Zane! If we don’t hurry then we’ll never make it to London on time to catch the boat. Let’s go my magic using lover.”
“I’m right behind you!” He said with a laugh. And so Zane and I ran off into the night on our way to America to run into trouble that neither of us had ever expected.

Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

larai's story!! Empty

the end.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

larai's story!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: larai's story!!   larai's story!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

larai's story!!
Page 1 of 1