Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?

Go down 
+25
Marianna
ClumsyCat
_iHartJasper_
madlenkadoll
xalicexcullenx
More Meyer Plez!
false pretence.
Jeshika-chan_ate_your_mom
kelsx27x
lara cullen
just*like*alice
bloodsucking beauty
DyingToBeACullen
Stephanie Cullen
mypersonalsun
the dodo's conundrum.
steph&edward
xxx_vampiress_xxx
spinningpeanut
peechez1001
JacobLuvr4ever
crescentmoon
abbi-cullen
loveTwilight!
electric city !
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which book is your favorite?
Twilight
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_lcap25%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
New Moon
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_lcap8%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Eclipse
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_lcap21%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 11 ]
Breaking Dawn
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_lcap46%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Vote_rcap
 46% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
electric city !

electric city !

Number of posts : 6279
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Empty
PostSubject: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Was this your favorite out of the whole series or did you think it was just 'ok'?

Personally, I loved it! I thought it was the best out of the series. It had a lot of twists I hadn't been expecting and I loved that. Stephenie did another great job
Back to top Go down
http://www.themirroroferised.proboards.com
loveTwilight!

loveTwilight!

Number of posts : 1122
Location : Trying to beat Andy's 240 ups serve!! (i love my tennis pro :) )
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Its deninently my favourite one. I like four, then three, then one, then two. i think the noly reason i like two so little is because jacob just wont give up, but in the fourth he accepts that bella`s out of his reach. So, i thought book four was amazing. Very surprised by Paul imprinting on rachael, and jakes imprint on Renesmee
Back to top Go down
http://tamorapiercecrazy.nice-boards.net/
electric city !

electric city !

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:59 pm

Yeah! My order would have to be: BD, twilight, eclipse, new moon.

Basically for the same reasons. And BD has such variation, 'cos the whole thing isnt just about Bella. You get more perspective by seeing things in Jake's eyes [even though I don't like him too much]. It was interesting.
Back to top Go down
loveTwilight!

loveTwilight!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Yea thats what i thought too. i was shocked that there were ``wives`` in the volturi
Back to top Go down
electric city !

electric city !

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:14 pm

Oh yeah! And speaking of wives and such, I was sorta shocked that Stephenie put so much in there about.. 'doing it'. ahha. Like Emmett's jokes and about what they all do at night. That was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
loveTwilight!

loveTwilight!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:30 pm

I know! I was actually laughing a lot there!!
Back to top Go down
abbi-cullen

abbi-cullen

Number of posts : 72
House : EMMETT!!!! cause hes a TEDDIE BEAR!
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:33 pm

LOVED IT TO DEATH BUT.....twilight is my favorite. there's just something about the original =D

but four was amazing. past one being numero uno i can't list them. i love them all. well new moon might be at the bottom....
xD
Back to top Go down
crescentmoon

crescentmoon

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:39 pm

yeah, the first (few) in a series are always better. Especially when the series is as big as twilight/hp. if i had to choose one of the four, it would DEF be twilight. also, bd is so much more intense than i expected!!
Back to top Go down
loveTwilight!

loveTwilight!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:41 pm

Yea totally!
Back to top Go down
electric city !

electric city !

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:44 pm

It was action-packed! hahah.
That's why i liked it though. It had so much stuff that you had no idea was coming. Twilight was a little more predictable.
Back to top Go down
abbi-cullen

abbi-cullen

Number of posts : 72
House : EMMETT!!!! cause hes a TEDDIE BEAR!
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:51 pm

i dunno. im kinda freakish about calling stuff. i knew bella was pregnant at the eggs. (where it comments on how many eggs she's been eating) and once she was pregnant i called it being a girl and jacob imprinting on her. i swear. you can ask my friends. and we all knwe the volturi would be the bad guys. and i caught onto the whole immortal children deal to.

i pick up on hints in books really well. xD
Back to top Go down
electric city !

electric city !

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Haha. Yeah i guessed the pregnancy thing too when she was talking about how much she ate. It's still hard to think of Bella as a mom though. Gah, i can't get it through my head that she had a kid. She just never seemed the type. xD
Back to top Go down
JacobLuvr4ever

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm

It's been Breaking Dawn and Twilight...I like New Moon and Eclispe equally....maybe one mare than the other lol
Back to top Go down
peechez1001

peechez1001

Number of posts : 370
House : Member of The Alice House!
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:51 pm

I loved Breaking dawn. bella being pregnant surprised me and then how she wouldn't let the baby go. I didn't like rosalie in this book because it seemed like she didn't care about bella, but she wanted the baby. this book made me really like jacob. I'm glad stephenie wrote part of the book from his perspective because I really got to know him and like him. This book was amazing. I slept with it in my arms for three nights in a row I loved it so much. i wouldn't let anyone touch it at all. now it is sitting on my bookshelf next to the others and being admired.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peechez1001
spinningpeanut

spinningpeanut

Number of posts : 240
Location : Building a rocket in my basement. IT'S NOT CARDBOARD!! It is a paper like weightless material DUH!!
House : ROCKING THE EMMETT HOUSE!!!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:54 pm

i was just happy that she finally got bit. i thought her first hunt was hilarious!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

Number of posts : 7417
House : HEAD OF JASPER!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:59 pm

I loved Breaking Dawn don't get me wrong, but I don't really think it was Steph's usual style, I mean, I've read tons of fanfics just like that, give or take a few little things here and there. I liked it but I personally believe that it seemed kind of like Steph tried to rush through it a bit more than the other ones..... seemed like she moved the plot really fast at the start, realized it, threw Jacob's POV in to slow it down a bit and then picked it right back up............... I don't think there was as much detail in this one as there was in the other ones........ but that's just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.z13.invisionfree.com/eclissata
steph&edward

steph&edward

Number of posts : 2080
House : bug people till they go into a hole
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 pm

i love eclipse its still my fav i love it alot!! i always will!
bd is really good it comes a close second very close then twilight and then new moon its all very close its like a mom picking which one of her kids she loves the most its hard but its only by a very very very small percent that one bets the other one and i mean small like the size of a chromosome
Back to top Go down
the dodo's conundrum.

the dodo's conundrum.

Number of posts : 14985
House : Senate:
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:24 pm

abbi-cullen wrote:
LOVED IT TO DEATH BUT.....twilight is my favorite. there's just something about the original =D

but four was amazing. past one being numero uno i can't list them. i love them all. well new moon might be at the bottom....
xD

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
mypersonalsun

mypersonalsun

Number of posts : 6899
House : Head of Emmett, wanna make something of it?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:20 am

Ugh. Am I the only one who was disappointed? I agree with Megan about the fanfics...it was just so OUT THERE. It didn't feel like real twilight lore at all. At every turn I was like, "There's no way she'd ever do that," and then it would happen. So, I place this book at the bottom of my twilight list....which goes New Moon, Twilight, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn.
So yeah, I'm mad at this book. But I loved Leah. :S
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

Number of posts : 947
House : Jasper.
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:22 am

ELLIE THANK YOU!!! My book order is the exact same as yours!!

I know I didn't wait anywhere near as long as all you people who have been with this series since the beginning, but I waited almost half a year for this book, and I was utterly disappointed.

To start off... WHY did Bella agree to keeping Renesmee? She didn't want to get MARRIED, let alone have a kid. So what made her decide all of a sudden that she wanted to keep her? Then Bella morhped into a rabbit or something, because after the first night of their honeymoon, all she wanted was sex from Edward. Let's get real here.

The birth scene was disgusting. That's all I'm going to say.

Renesemee destroyed three of the most loved characters: Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Jacob not so much as the other two, but their characters were just torn apart. Reread the book, then you'll see what I mean.

The long anticipated battle between the good vampires and the Volturi never happened. They just stood there for 3 chapters trying to decide whether to kill Renesmee or not (in my opinion, they should have, but then Jake wouldn't have had his perfect happy ending). I had to skim through the last 3 chapters, on top of forcing myself to read the entire book because I was so bored with it.

There were two things I liked in this book: Bella's transformation and her waking up. It was awesome! But then Stephenie totally trashed it by giving Bella immediate resistance to human blood.

To sum it all up, I hated this book. I'm tempted to just burn my copy and send Stephenie the ashes in a tattered urn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samuze
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

Number of posts : 2197
House : Head of Emmett House!
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 am

Eh, I didn't think BD was that great.... The first 360 pages were like a bad fan fic.

New Moon is still my favorite. Jake = LOVE.
Back to top Go down
bloodsucking beauty

bloodsucking beauty

Number of posts : 349
House : Esme -- bcuz im cool like that. ;D
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:55 pm

ahem...err...i thought it was awesome. hate me if you will, i love it.

my list goes-
Breaking Dawn, Twilight, Eclipse, New Moon
Back to top Go down
just*like*alice

just*like*alice

Number of posts : 5
House : dance, reading(duh), writing, typical twilight-freak stuff
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:57 pm

ik.....this book was amazing.....

it was like it didn't fit in with the rest of the series, but it was amazing!
And i was so happy that bella had a baby!
Seriously, I can't get over how different everything was in twilight!
I actually stopped breathing when i read this book;)
Back to top Go down
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

Number of posts : 2197
House : Head of Emmett House!
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:45 pm

just*like*alice wrote:

it was like it didn't fit in with the rest of the series

That's my major complaint with it.

But, then again, I know I'm alone in the New Moon love-age, so to each her own! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the dodo's conundrum.

the dodo's conundrum.

Number of posts : 14985
House : Senate:
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:52 pm

DyingToBeACullen wrote:
just*like*alice wrote:

it was like it didn't fit in with the rest of the series

That's my major complaint with it.

But, then again, I know I'm alone in the New Moon love-age, so to each her own! Very Happy

lol, i like Twilight the best, but I agree--to me it did not seem to fit into the series either. It just seemed a bit out of place....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next