Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?

Go down 
+25
Marianna
ClumsyCat
_iHartJasper_
madlenkadoll
xalicexcullenx
More Meyer Plez!
false pretence.
Jeshika-chan_ate_your_mom
kelsx27x
lara cullen
just*like*alice
bloodsucking beauty
DyingToBeACullen
Stephanie Cullen
mypersonalsun
the dodo's conundrum.
steph&edward
xxx_vampiress_xxx
spinningpeanut
peechez1001
JacobLuvr4ever
crescentmoon
abbi-cullen
loveTwilight!
electric city !
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which book is your favorite?
Twilight
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
New Moon
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Eclipse
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 11 ]
Breaking Dawn
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

Number of posts : 314
House : Alice all the way!!
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:00 pm

LOL! Really?! I'm glad I stayed away from them then. Were some really better than the actual BD?
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

Number of posts : 7417
House : HEAD OF JASPER!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:46 pm

yes, there is a few rare cases where they are better than the actual book, I mean, I have people that haven't even read Twilight reading my Twilight fanfics and saying they hope they're as good as the book, and I've read a couple where Edward and Bella have a child that were really good....... I just didn't like BD all that much....
Back to top Go down
http://www.z13.invisionfree.com/eclissata
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:16 pm

You're entitled to your opinion so that's fine. I enjoyed BD, but now i'm on a quest to find and read as much fanfics as i can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

lol go to fanfiction.net there are TONS of fanfics on there for tons of stories and lots for Twilight!
Back to top Go down
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:38 pm

ooooooo, ok thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:51 pm

lol no prob. that's where I read all my fanfic except Harry Potter and that's where i post all my stories....
Back to top Go down
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 pm

I think NOW we're getting off topic.

*inside joke*
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:01 pm

lol yeah................................ soooo..... Breaking Dawn.... It was alright, that's my opinion.... didn't fit with the rest of the series and it was a big disappointment...

Wink there, back on topic! Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Rolling Eyes So yeah........................BD was um great.............I think i said that already
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:09 pm

yepp.... think it's time to leave this thread and let other people talk about it.............. lol
Back to top Go down
_iHartJasper_

_iHartJasper_

Number of posts : 1292
House : Jasper
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:21 am

there was so many surpprises around every chapter and page it was ZOMG i give it a two thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/emsilleh
ClumsyCat

ClumsyCat

Number of posts : 1801
Location : imagining herself back in the arms of her beloved Hana-chan <3
House : hellooooo?? I´m freakin´ crazy and weird - Alice House, of course <3
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:18 am

My order would be Breaking Dawn, Eclipse, Twilight/ New Moon.

I absolutely loved BD!!!

Edward and Jacob finally beome friends, Jacob really becomes part of Bellas family they all can be happy and together, the Cullens don´t have to leave....

What I really liked about BD was that Jake told some part of the story from his point of view^^

And that we met some of Carlisles "other" friends^^
I really like Zafrina and Kate^^
And Siobhan with her interesting power^^

I actually read BD twice already... I´m buying myself a lot of books at the moment to keep me from reading it over again... my mom already thinks I´m crazy because I read the Twilight books all the time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomff.forenstar.com
Marianna

Marianna

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Hey everybody! I havent read everyones posts cause i cant be on to long, but................
BREAKING DAWN IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!
Back to top Go down
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:13 am

I agree with that on some levels
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

Number of posts : 5372
House : Alice. Which else?
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 pm

yea i lov it but when alice left i was like no alice u cant
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
Sonia Cullen

Sonia Cullen

Number of posts : 4083
House : Rosie!! Yup, Rose and I are like THAT. *snaps sassily*
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Stephanie Cullen wrote:
ELLIE THANK YOU!!! My book order is the exact same as yours!!

I know I didn't wait anywhere near as long as all you people who have been with this series since the beginning, but I waited almost half a year for this book, and I was utterly disappointed.

To start off... WHY did Bella agree to keeping Renesmee? She didn't want to get MARRIED, let alone have a kid. So what made her decide all of a sudden that she wanted to keep her? Then Bella morhped into a rabbit or something, because after the first night of their honeymoon, all she wanted was sex from Edward. Let's get real here.

The birth scene was disgusting. That's all I'm going to say.

Renesemee destroyed three of the most loved characters: Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Jacob not so much as the other two, but their characters were just torn apart. Reread the book, then you'll see what I mean.

The long anticipated battle between the good vampires and the Volturi never happened. They just stood there for 3 chapters trying to decide whether to kill Renesmee or not (in my opinion, they should have, but then Jake wouldn't have had his perfect happy ending). I had to skim through the last 3 chapters, on top of forcing myself to read the entire book because I was so bored with it.

There were two things I liked in this book: Bella's transformation and her waking up. It was awesome! But then Stephenie totally trashed it by giving Bella immediate resistance to human blood.

To sum it all up, I hated this book. I'm tempted to just burn my copy and send Stephenie the ashes in a tattered urn.

YES! YES! YES!

I really strongly disliked Breaking Dawn. I found it morbid and unbelievable. The tone and writing style were completely different than the other three books, and everyone was completely out of character. I found Renesmee annoying, and Bella was a Mary-Sue. I didn't like the Jake + Renesmee thing, because it seemed like SM was trying to tie up too many ends, and she just created one big knot instead.

My friends at school and I were all disappointed. Actually, we wrote in our books. Like, alot. We changed everything. And our copy is a lot better in my opinion. It's renamed "Breaking Down"

Please don't kill me, guys! I loved the rest of the series, I just couldn't stand this one!

But, I actually did read this story before it came out. Everything. It was all on fanfiction.net, just written worsely. And instead of Renesmee, the duaghter was named Arianna.

EDIT:

I went back after I posted this and found the fanfic. It's called "My Miracle, My Angel", by l'heure bleue.

link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4148122/1/My_Miracle_My_Angel
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:24 am

yea i no what u mean and how bella was good st everything kinda sucked but i like bd but there was bits and pieces i didnt like like jake imprinting on nessie i wanted him to imprint but well u no.
Back to top Go down
Lightbulb621

Lightbulb621

Number of posts : 1532
House : Pfft, obviously the most amazing house ever~ALICE!
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 pm

I loved BD but I also have to say that all the books are almost equal in my obsesseveness. =D
Back to top Go down
http://various-unknowns.forummotion.com
forks<3

forks<3

Number of posts : 121
House : EMMETT HOUSE!! --thats two M M's and two T T's..lol
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:39 pm

its torture picking one as my favorite!!!!! lol but if i had to choose it would be the original twilight...there's just something about the begining that draws me to it but Breaking Dawn was AWESOME!!! my friends had been talking before it came out about vampires and humans and the reproductive systems and stuff..i thought about it being possible but did not expect what followed nor her to actually get pregnant!! WoW!! anyway, all of the books were great as was The Host and i'm glad stephanie said she wasn't giving up the hope of writing either more of the series or more books with different points of view(i.e. Midnight Sun).. =D that should be good news to all of us fans lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/inhabitedrox7
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:36 am

i like bd it was one of the best
Back to top Go down
whearazyourheart

whearazyourheart

Number of posts : 2504
House : Jasper makes the special people love him - Jasper House and honorary member of Carlisle!
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:18 pm

there were some things I liked and hated

Rosalie should have stolen Renesme she wouldnt have let something like that go that quickly
They shouldnt have had a child to begin with!
the ending was too happy wayyyy to happy there should have been a battle a huge battle the element of surprise in my opinion is the only good part
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:44 pm

My order= BD-T-E-NM

New Moon was horrible but i loved Breaking Dawn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3