Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?

Go down 
+25
Marianna
ClumsyCat
_iHartJasper_
madlenkadoll
xalicexcullenx
More Meyer Plez!
false pretence.
Jeshika-chan_ate_your_mom
kelsx27x
lara cullen
just*like*alice
bloodsucking beauty
DyingToBeACullen
Stephanie Cullen
mypersonalsun
the dodo's conundrum.
steph&edward
xxx_vampiress_xxx
spinningpeanut
peechez1001
JacobLuvr4ever
crescentmoon
abbi-cullen
loveTwilight!
electric city !
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which book is your favorite?
Twilight
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
New Moon
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Eclipse
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 11 ]
Breaking Dawn
Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

Number of posts : 2197
House : Head of Emmett House!
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:53 pm

The second half was good, but everything leading up to Jacob imprinting was......weird.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

Number of posts : 947
House : Jasper.
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Brandy, I am SO GLAD I know you're with me on this.

The ENTIRE book was a badly written fanfic with god awful ideas and events.

New Moon is my favorite and it always will be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samuze
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Stephanie Cullen wrote:
Brandy, I am SO GLAD I know you're with me on this.

The ENTIRE book was a badly written fanfic with god awful ideas and events.

New Moon is my favorite and it always will be.

And this is why I love you Steph!!!!
Back to top Go down
lara cullen

lara cullen

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am

I liked them all because they just flowed well. They didn't spend too much time discussing the previous book. Plus it wasn't hard to visualise in my head.
Back to top Go down
mypersonalsun

mypersonalsun

Number of posts : 6899
House : Head of Emmett, wanna make something of it?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:48 am

Steph and Brandy: Yes! I'm so glad you guys are awesome the way you are! New Moon will always be my favorite Very Happy It just can't be topped.
Anyway, everything I read felt like a fanfiction that I had seen before...I read the whole thing in complete disbelief that SM was actually the one that wrote this. I kept waiting for someone to pop out and be like, "Surprise! A 12-year-old girl wrote THAT! Here's the real BD." But it never happened, sadly.
The transformation WAS hella cool, but her being so amazingly controlled and graceful and what have you was ANNOYING! I know it would've been hard for SM to write a bloodthirsty, ravaging vamp-Bella, but that's the way it ought to have been.
*sigh* disappointment.
Back to top Go down
kelsx27x

kelsx27x

Number of posts : 327
House : Pround Memeber of the Rockin' Jasper House
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 am

I agree with almost what everyone was saying---it was very fanfictiony and didnt really fit the series
but then you couldnt not love it---when i started reading i couldnt put it down, i wanted more
everyone wants a happy ending for everyone and everyone got it
maybe it was very fanfictiony but it ended the series on a high and everyone ended up happy

but my order would be
eclipse (just), breaking dawn, twilight, new moon(even through i do love jacob)

we should support stephenie she did a great job with the seires none of us would be on here if we didnt

but everyone is intitled to there own opinion so there is mine

(i dont think it reallly made sense but anyway)
Back to top Go down
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 am

I'm not trying to dis Stephenie at all, I'm just disappointed with the beginning of BD.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:25 pm

She rushed through it. She thought, "My fans want it within a year after Eclipse." and just... killed it because she was trying to get it done.

I say, "Would you rather wait a little time and get crap, or wait a long time and be thoroughly satisfied?"

Apparently that doesn't apply to this situation because everyone seems to be in love with it for unknown reasons.
Back to top Go down
DyingToBeACullen

DyingToBeACullen

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:15 pm

Stephanie Cullen wrote:
everyone seems to be in love with it for unknown reasons.

Not me!

I've seen more people on this site that loved it than on the other Twilight sites I'm on.
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

Number of posts : 7417
House : HEAD OF JASPER!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 pm

ok. the things that pissed me off about BD was: a) I don't know about you guys but ever since New Moon, the books seem to have more of a fanfic feel to me... that might just be me though.... b) can I say "CALLED IT!!!!" seriously, bella's powers, the whole 'shield' thing, being able to let Edward read her thoughts, um yeah, Bella can do that in my most popular fanfic, infact in like every fanfic that I have Bella as a vampire so far!!!! c)Bella and Edward were like freakin' sex addicts.......

so where does that leave me sitting you ask? no, that's not right! you say? she's a freakin' physco chick that doesn't know the true meaning of writing?! and this is what I say: I won't lie, I liked it! but it really didn't fit in with the rest of the series, I mean, I would expect to see that stuff on fanfiction.net! Let's face it, I think that deep down inside, we were all a little disappointed with it, it seemed to lack lots of the description and flow that the other books had, it seemed really rushed, then Jacob's POV shoved in to slow everything down! then a rushed finish! And I worship Stephenie Meyer, she is an AMAZING writer, and she put lots of work into this book and all the other ones! my standings on the favorites are a little washy, but I think they go....

ECLIPSE <3 . TWILIGHT <3 . BREAKING DAWN <3 . NEW MOON <3 .

as for my side? I'm going Switzerland.
Back to top Go down
http://www.z13.invisionfree.com/eclissata

Number of posts : 170
House : Eating, sleeping, hanging out, being a loser, etc.
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:11 pm

Ah, it is my favorite of the whole series, but Eclipse comes in as a close second.
The twists were amazingly thought out, but some of them were just unrealistic.

But overall, I believe it was quite a good book.

Midnight Sun should be interesting. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/retarded_japan_freak
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:06 am

I think Stephenie went on fanfiction.net, picked the most bazarre plot she could find, and asked the author's permission to publish it as her final release.

Ugh!!
Back to top Go down
kelsx27x

kelsx27x

Number of posts : 327
House : Pround Memeber of the Rockin' Jasper House
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 am

it was fan fictiony for the first too books but to me the third book made up for it

but it filled in all the gaps and edward and bella were happy and really thats what matters

but i would have rather seen steph take her time with it

and lol about the whole sex addict thing
hehehe
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

Number of posts : 5372
House : Alice. Which else?
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

i loved Bd it was the best soo far to me it made twilight seem boring
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

Number of posts : 314
House : Alice all the way!!
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:16 am

Bella being a vampire was awesome. The whole shock of her being pregnant was cool, because I wasn't expecting it at all. I like how it picked up right where Eclipse left off, and it sort of went back and retold so unexplained parts. Nessie was awesome, at 1st the thought of Jake imprinting on Nessie was ewwww, and then after I got used to the idea it didn't seem at all.
Back to top Go down
xalicexcullenx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:16 pm

i liked BD but I don't know about the whole bella getting knocked up thing. I mean with everything that's going on with that right now like with Juno and The Secret Life of the American Teenager and stuff about accidental pregnancy, i just don't know if its a good idea. I mean, what if a younger kid that was totally obsessed with Edward read the book and decided teenage pregnancy was okay? I don't know. It just feels weird.

The book was good overall, though!!!! And I loved Twilight. I think it was my favorite out of the series. I didn't like New Moon until the very end where Edward came back, because it was so sad the way he just dumped her and left her. It was just an extremely depressing book until Alice gets in her Porche and roars off to the rescue. Favorite quote, ever. "Bella, how strongly are you opposed to Grand Theft Auto?" LOL.

Anywaysss, loved it :)
Back to top Go down
madlenkadoll

madlenkadoll

Number of posts : 632
House : I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. *coughcoughalicecoughcough* Hey! Coughing's not telling!!
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:54 am

i loved it so much it only took me 4 hours to read it!!!
my favorite, definitrly!!!
Back to top Go down
http://madlenkadoll.deviantart.com
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 am

Wow and i thought my record of finishing it in a day was fast.
Back to top Go down
loveTwilight!

loveTwilight!

Number of posts : 1122
Location : Trying to beat Andy's 240 ups serve!! (i love my tennis pro :) )
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:46 am

Yea same here! It was deffiently my favourite.

My order is :::
Breaking Dawn - Eclipse/twilight - twilight/Eclipse - New Moon.
(I lived Twilight and Eclipse equally, lol, so they can be switched.)
Back to top Go down
http://tamorapiercecrazy.nice-boards.net/
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Yes after reading BD I couldn't help but feel complete and know that everything was ok.
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 pm

I know sooooo many people that hated it, I didn't like it much myself, but I thought it was alright.....
Back to top Go down
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 pm

What didn't you like about it?
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:08 pm

I don't know about you, but in between the releases of the Twilight books and in the periods of time that I have no new books to read, I read a truck load (and write a truck load) of fanfiction, and all Breaking Dawn seemed like was a bunch of things from a bunch of different bad fanfics written together, there wasn't as much suspense as in the other books and I actually didn't hesitate a whole lot to put it down and get in three hours of sleep.... I mean, the whole Bella resists human blood, has the whole shield power thing, she can do pretty much just that in almost every single fanfic I've ever written, and many that I've read, there was no big fight, just three chapters of debate on whether or not to kill Renesmee, quite frankly, and I really hate to say this, but I've read fanfics that have me freaking out in more suspense and action than Breaking Dawn........ That's why I don't really like it.
Back to top Go down
More Meyer Plez!

More Meyer Plez!

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm not a big fan of fanfics, so when i read BD, there was a lot of times that i was shocked at the turn of events. I made sure i stayed away from the internet, so i wouldn't read any bad fanfics, or worse spoilers. I guess thats why i could appreciate BD more then most ppl.
Back to top Go down
xxx_vampiress_xxx

xxx_vampiress_xxx

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 pm

I've been reading fanfics since I read Twilight, so I've read tons of them, Breaking Dawn was just WAY predictable for me because I read a ton of fanfics that went almost the EXACT same way....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?   Overall, how did BD compare to the other books? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overall, how did BD compare to the other books?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next