Twilight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Academy

Welcome to the Twilight Academy!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Partners
Have a site of your own? Let us know and we'll feature your banner here!
free forum WriteMight - A Writing Forum redcarpet&&rebellion.

Want to help spread the word about the Twilight Academy? Look in the Affiliates thread for our button code!
Your Admins
If you have problems with anything, please contact one of the following people:

Anna>>promise me this,

Bree>>the last dance.

Twirls>>schrödinger's admin

Dizzy>>greenpixie1797

Kat>>klutzs rule!!

A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!

Go down 
+16
the dodo's conundrum.
down.the.rabbit.hole
vamp_queen_in_the_nyc
Stephanie Cullen
MuseAddict101
Neassa
Sonia Cullen
ClumsyCat
IndigoBleuC13
Lairai
Minias
VampireAtHeart
steph&edward
_iHartJasper_
false pretence.
Alu_Rathbone
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alu_Rathbone

Alu_Rathbone

Number of posts : 1966
House : Carlisle
Registration date : 2008-03-20

A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Empty
PostSubject: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 am

Words of wisdom for those who hated it: read the book TWICE! I had that problem with New Moon and I'm almost done reading Breaking Dawn for a first time, and i plan to read it again, it really does make a difference. Because now you can stop speeding through the book and actually savor it, you get to take in the detail and the beauty of it all. Just like alot of us missed in New Moon, we were so anxious for Edwards return that we skipped out on all of the things Jacob did to save Bella's life. Now what we need to do is chill out and take another few days to re-read Breaking Dawn and appreciate that Jacob did all of that for a reason, and accept that Renesmee is the reason. It makes perfect sense, and even if it was slightly predictable, its still an amazing story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/christina1234
false pretence.

false pretence.

Number of posts : 5372
House : Alice. Which else?
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:56 am

gr8 advice i love bd but im still going to read it again as soon as ive finished reading black buety
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
Alu_Rathbone

Alu_Rathbone

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:59 am

lol I know .... as soon as i finish it... i need to take a stephenie meyer break... so i'm going to read some of the Meg Cabot books that i haven't read yet and then do a series re read! lol...
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:05 am

yea i read twilight seris so much that i thought it time to take a break
Back to top Go down
Alu_Rathbone

Alu_Rathbone

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:08 am

lol I know.... when i do the reread i will add in the host... cause i kind of need to read that still!

lol
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:16 am

i dont have the host
Back to top Go down
Alu_Rathbone

Alu_Rathbone

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:27 am

I have had it since May and i haven't read it yet... saddening on my part really! lol
Back to top Go down
_iHartJasper_

_iHartJasper_

Number of posts : 1292
House : Jasper
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 am

Ugh the host is not all that good itz too confusing and slow.

but yea i agree with ALUNA 1000% reread it if you dont like it.

i need new books im stuck with rereading the Saga all over again lolz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/emsilleh
steph&edward

steph&edward

Number of posts : 2080
House : bug people till they go into a hole
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:08 am

aluna you're right you have to read the book twice so you really enjoy it, i really had to for new moon i hated it just like you did but i re-read it and i like it i had to do that for eclipse to but eclipse i liked from the beginning the re-reading was just to get more into it to read everything i missed the lil details you skip threw in a the rush to finish it. cause you aren't focused and you are rushing. but if you re-read it and you already know how it ends then you have no rush you can read it and enjoy it more cause you aren't all OME whats going to happen next you already know and then you are like oh i didn't see that the first time or oh i saw that differently the first time its so diff i get it now.
Back to top Go down
VampireAtHeart

VampireAtHeart

Number of posts : 82
House : jasper all the way
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:17 am

I personally didnt like book and 2 in breaking dawn but ill re-read it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alu_Rathbone

Alu_Rathbone

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:50 pm

i'm jsut reccommending it. I mean read it at a slwoer pace then before... you may have missed things or didn't read things right the first time.
Back to top Go down
Minias

Minias

Number of posts : 50
House : writing, reading
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:23 pm

I just finished BD a couple hours ago and loved it. Part of me kind of wishes they would've done away with the Volturi, though. I've always seen them as the bad guys. I've only re-read Twilight, but that was only because it was a while between when i first read Twilight and when I read New Moon, and I wanted to refresh myself for the 2nd book.

I've also read The Host and I admit it starts off a little slow, but once I got into it, I couldn't put it down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/intotheeverafter
Alu_Rathbone

Alu_Rathbone

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 am

Awesome...
Back to top Go down
Lairai

Lairai

Number of posts : 3010
House : CO-HEAD of Carlisle House!!! Come on Carlisians, you know you want to post in your OWN home!! ;) rightttt!
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:20 am

I actually really liked BD from the beginning. Since I forced myself to read it slowly (9 whole days!) I got to really appreciate what I was reading, so I ended up liking it a lot.

but yes, good advice mom!
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 am

i read it in 2 days but loved it 2 me it made twilight seem a little boring but im rereading it and i dont find it as thrilling as be4 still gr8 but not.... well u know
Back to top Go down
IndigoBleuC13

IndigoBleuC13

Number of posts : 324
Location : Trying to discover the identity of the person i always am in my dreams, buit is not me...
House : Jasper. Mysteryyyyyyyyyyious (and i spelled mysterious wrong!)
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:31 pm

i really like breaking Dawn. I read some spoilers online like the day before by accident, and i thought that if they happened, i would throw the book in my pool. But i actually ended up LOVING the book.
Back to top Go down
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:58 pm

i know what u mean b4 i got the book some idiot told me{on accident but still} that bella was goi9ng to get pregnet so i wasnt so amazed as i would have been but still amazed.
Back to top Go down
ClumsyCat

ClumsyCat

Number of posts : 1801
Location : imagining herself back in the arms of her beloved Hana-chan <3
House : hellooooo?? Iīm freakinī crazy and weird - Alice House, of course <3
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

Well... I absolutely loved BD, but I hated NM in the beginning...

I absolutely recommend not to skip any parts of a book, even if you donīt like them, because that really ruins the concept of it.
Every part of the book has a meaning and you probably wonīt comprehend the story later in the book without it. (And Steph wouldnīt write Jakeīs part if it didnīt matter)
That would be like pushing ffw when you donīt like some parts of a movie...

So I made myself read NM from the beginning to the end and ended up really liking Jake...
and would Bella really know that she and Edward belong together without her experience from NM?

Iīm buying lots of book at the moment to keep me from reading BD for the 4th time... and I just read Twilight for the 9th time... and The Host for the 2nd time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomff.forenstar.com
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:04 am

but if edward never left bella would have never made freinds with jake
Back to top Go down
ClumsyCat

ClumsyCat

Number of posts : 1801
Location : imagining herself back in the arms of her beloved Hana-chan <3
House : hellooooo?? Iīm freakinī crazy and weird - Alice House, of course <3
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:41 am

And itīs good that she did, isnīt it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.randomff.forenstar.com
false pretence.

false pretence.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

yep cose i love jake hes awsome
Back to top Go down
Sonia Cullen

Sonia Cullen

Number of posts : 4083
House : Rosie!! Yup, Rose and I are like THAT. *snaps sassily*
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Oh god...

*cringes backwards*

Don't kill me!!! Please!!!

I really strongly disliked Breaking Dawn. I found it morbid and unbelievable. The tone and writing style were completely different than the other three books, and everyone was completely out of character. I found Renesmee annoying, and Bella was a Mary-Sue. I didn't like the Jake + Renesmee thing, because it seemed like SM was trying to tie up too many ends, and she just created one big knot instead.

As I said, please don't kill me!
Back to top Go down
Neassa

Neassa

Number of posts : 26
House : Reading, Art, Walking, and Being Outside!!
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:34 am

I read breaking dawn in a day and a half, but still loved it. and now I am re-reading the entire series Very Happy they're the best things to come into my life since LOTR and my boyfriend, haha!
Back to top Go down
MuseAddict101

MuseAddict101

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Sonia Cullen wrote:
Oh god...

*cringes backwards*

Don't kill me!!! Please!!!

I really strongly disliked Breaking Dawn. I found it morbid and unbelievable. The tone and writing style were completely different than the other three books, and everyone was completely out of character. I found Renesmee annoying, and Bella was a Mary-Sue. I didn't like the Jake + Renesmee thing, because it seemed like SM was trying to tie up too many ends, and she just created one big knot instead.

As I said, please don't kill me!
+1

I feel the same way as you. Bella became some sex-crazed, psycho wife. The book wasn't about Bella and Edward anymore but about Renesme. And Stephenie Meyer set up the Volturi so well to go nowhere. This book completely contradicted all the other three books. I really did not like the book.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

Number of posts : 947
House : Jasper.

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:47 pm

I don't want to reread it...

I like to think the series ends with Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samuze
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!   A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Little Advise for Those who claimed to hate it!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next